[SOLVED] windows 10 Blurred and stuck on the login screen (fuzzy blurry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripo66

Honorable
Jan 14, 2017
Hey friends,
First this is the hardware I have on the computer :
Motherboard Name: Intel Pearl Creek DG31PR
CPU Type: DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E7200, 2533 MHz (9.5 x 267)
Memory : 4GB DDR2
System operation is windows 10 on ssd drive.

I have a strange computer problem that started yesterday
The computer just goes up and gets stuck on this screen fuzzy \ blurry
)Attached picture (
The keyboard is unresponsive and nothing can be done
https://ibb.co/yWBV9J0 (picture of the problem)

I don’t remember that I download or install any update or new software
That made it happen , But it may be an automatic installation of Microsoft updates.
I backed up most of the important files to another drive - with live usb boot
Safe mode not working also
And reset pc not work

I want to fix the operating system Because it has a legitimate and valid WIN 10 and OFFICE license

Does anyone have an idea how to solve the problem? And why is this happening?
Thanks in advance everyone

Solution
is that at the logon screen as it makes the background image blurry on logon but it should show the box for you to put in password. Windows started doing that sometime last year.

so nothing happens if you hit enter?

notices advice above is lacking this
Addendum

Some have reported that it is necessary to clear the caches folder of the local user account also or instead of the systemprofile account. If the above procedure does not work for you, delete the file(s) in the local user cache folder (located in %localappdata%\microsoft\windows\caches) using either Safe Mode or the recovery environment command prompt.

RamBoy_69

Prominent
Apr 17, 2020
From the login screen, click Shutdown, then hold down the Shift key while selecting Restart.
  1. Once the recovery environment loads select "See advanced repair options", then "Troubleshoot", then "Advanced options".
Method #1 (Via Command prompt - assumes basic command prompt knowledge.
  1. Click "Command Prompt".
  2. Change directory to your boot drive if necessary (for example, type c: and press <ENTER>)
  3. Type "CD %windir%\system32\config\systemprofile\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\caches <ENTER>
  4. Type "DIR <ENTER>" and make sure you are in the right path. You should see one or more .db files -- usually just cversions.3.db. If there are no files in this directory see the addendum below.
  5. Type "DEL . <ENTER>"
  6. Reboot and test
  7. Click the Windows-button → Power.
  8. Hold down the shift key and click Restart.
  9. Click the option Troubleshoot and then Advanced options.
Method #2 (Via Safe Mode and File Explorer - may require adjusting permissions):
    • Click the Windows-button → Power.
    • Hold down the shift key and click Restart.
    • Click the option Troubleshoot and then Advanced options.

• Go to “Advanced options” and click Start-up Settings.

• Under “Start-up Settings” click Restart.

• Various boot options are displayed.
      The relevant options for booting in Safe Mode are numbers, 4,5, or 6.
      Select an option by pressing one of the numbers or function keys F4, F5 or F6

4) Enable Safe Mode

In this mode, the operating system is started with the bare minimum of installed drivers and only the main Windows functions are used.

5) Enable Safe Mode with Networking
      In this mode, the network drivers are also started.

6) Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt
      In this mode, the operating system is started in text mode. This mode requires knowledge of computer commands and is, therefore, more suitable for professional users.
    • Windows 10 starts in Safe Mode.
      1. At the Startup Settings screen press "4" to boot in Safe Mode.
      2. Log into your administrator-level account.
      3. Open File Explorer and browse to %windir%\system32\config (example: c:\windows\system32\config)
      4. Gain access to systemprofile (you may be able to just double-click it to gain access)
      5. Drill down to %windir%\system32\config\systemprofile\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\caches
      6. Delete all files inside caches
      7. Reboot and test

Colif

Win 11 Master
is that at the logon screen as it makes the background image blurry on logon but it should show the box for you to put in password. Windows started doing that sometime last year.

so nothing happens if you hit enter?

notices advice above is lacking this
Addendum

Some have reported that it is necessary to clear the caches folder of the local user account also or instead of the systemprofile account. If the above procedure does not work for you, delete the file(s) in the local user cache folder (located in %localappdata%\microsoft\windows\caches) using either Safe Mode or the recovery environment command prompt.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...n-screen/b63b7722-41ef-4cfa-9220-b3609452f8a0

So any process that needs the logon screen won't work.
no safe mode
no startup repair
no reset.

Source: I work at a PC repair shop
TL;DR: No solution yet

We have been knocking our heads on the wall fighting this. We wiped and reloaded one machine last week and are working on the second machine with this issue now. Things we have tried:
  • Regback
  • Shadowcopyview for older registry files
  • Tweaking Tools Windows Repair
  • Uninstalling updates
  • netplwiz -> Don't require password for sign in
  • Enabled admin
  • Removed password
  • Disabled all services
  • chkdsk
  • sfc
  • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
  • cloned to new SSD
  • Disable driver signature enforcement
  • Manually edited the BCD file in a Windows PE
  • No restore points
It works perfectly fine, every time, in safe mode. The only "progress" we have seen is disabling password, but all that changed is now it goes to the blurry screen automatically instead of requiring interaction from the user by either clicking, dragging, or hitting a key. Hitting TAB cycles through the three icons in the bottom right: network, ease of access, and power. It never leaves those, which tells me the login box is entirely non-existent rather than invisible
reddit link

looks to me like only real fix is a reinstall from the USB
i can show you how to back up info on C drive
from that screen

Click the power button in bottom right
Hold down the left shift key and click Restart.
Click the option Troubleshoot and then Advanced options.
open command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, go to file/open
use file explorer to copy files off C onto another hdd/USB

once everything backed up off C, reinstall win 10
follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

Last edited:
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS