Question Windows 10 Boot Drive Failure?

Jimmy_830

Reputable
Jul 12, 2017
I have a Pc I built 8 years ago, all of sudden the other day it started acting funny then all of sudden Blue screen popped up, with the sad face. It said running a check then restarts. It loads window symbol then black screen with white loading circle takes a super long time then back to blue screen again. I’m under the assumption that my SSD for booting has died. I’m just curious if anyone else had this issue.

Jimmy_830

Reputable
Jul 12, 2017
Try booting with the mechanical HDD's disconnected. One of them may be failing.
Ok I will try that, is there a way for me to transfer windows on to my hdd if the ssd is failing or vice versa. I wanted to build a new pc but at the moment it’s not possible so was trying to get mine going again, I thought about putting a new hard drive tossing the old ones

Ok I will try that, is there a way for me to transfer windows on to my hdd if the ssd is failing or vice versa. I wanted to build a new pc but at the moment it’s not possible so was trying to get mine going again, I thought about putting a new hard drive tossing the old ones
It is much less common for an SSD to fail, as opposed to mechanical HDD's which have several moving parts that can break down.

You can use a program called Hard Disk Sentinel to test the health of your all your drives, SSD and mechanical.

gNnfiQs.png

Last edited:

Jimmy_830

Reputable
Jul 12, 2017
ok I’ll try running just my ssd see if it will boot. Right now I can’t get past the blue screen, I can get into bios and all that just not past the bsod and went it scans it does not say anything is wrong it’s just restarts and does the same thing again

Jimmy_830

Reputable
Jul 12, 2017
You can always try to "power cycle" your SSD back to life. It may not work but is worth a try.

https://www.crucial.com/support/articles-faq-ssd/why-did-ssd-disappear-from-system
Did a complete wipe of both drives and complete fresh install of windows,( I already had backed up my pictures and valuable stuff 4 months ago when i was having issues with pc locking up after starting)
With a complete wipe and fresh windows in booted now. Idk if this is any indication of something going bad this is the second reinstall of windows this year last time I did find a bad bios update