Windows 10 Boot Loop

Guillaume_1

Commendable
May 18, 2016
Hi there, so last night I stumbled into a problem. My PC would stop not boot in Windows 10 and just restart over and over again.

I think I may have done something because I did load up Linux Mint on a USB and boot into it but I didn't install or do anything else (Well I think because it started doing this immediately after.

So I tried different things like re seating the RAM and letting it cool for a bit but to no positive end. Then I thought of booting of my Windows CD or Linux USB to see if I could see anything but then I couldn't even boot of anything.

So then the next morning, I try it and it still restarts a few times but on the 4-5th try it boots into Windows!

Yeah but now I am scared this will happen again, how can I check why this happen and what I can do in the future to prevent this?

Thank you very much

Solution
Is this an upgrade from win 7 or a fresh install of win 10?
If upgrade, set the 1st item in bios boot order as your hdd
If fresh install of Win 10, set first item in boot order as Windows Boot manager (I suspect you don't have a fresh install as new type boot system should have found win 10 regardless of its position on boot order.

if you are in windows, open start menu, open power button, hold down the shift key and click restart
this will load you into advanced start up
Select troubleshoot
Select Advanced
Select start up repair - this will scan pc and maybe fix this boot problem - it will ask for your logon details

what you may need to do is this:
right click start button
select command prompt (admin)
run sfc /scannow

that...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Is this an upgrade from win 7 or a fresh install of win 10?
If upgrade, set the 1st item in bios boot order as your hdd
If fresh install of Win 10, set first item in boot order as Windows Boot manager (I suspect you don't have a fresh install as new type boot system should have found win 10 regardless of its position on boot order.

if you are in windows, open start menu, open power button, hold down the shift key and click restart
this will load you into advanced start up
Select troubleshoot
Select Advanced
Select start up repair - this will scan pc and maybe fix this boot problem - it will ask for your logon details

what you may need to do is this:
right click start button
select command prompt (admin)
run sfc /scannow

that will scan pc and maybe fix your problem

Solution