Question Windows 10 boot, stuck with a black screen and blinking underscore

Mar 25, 2019
I was working on my computer and adding a new cooling system and was re applying the paste on my processor. I put it all back together and turned it on. It apparently reset my whole computer, because it showed a message saying BOOTMGR MISSING.

I got a usb with Microsoft Windows 10 boot on it and tried it out. I need a product key which I didn’t have. So I tried skipping but it still would not let me install. I gave a shot at repairing it and now I’m stuck with a backward 3’s in this forMay <3<3.

I’m extremely confused...

Lutfij

Titan
Did you create your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? You might want to try and see if removing and replacing the CMOS battery after 15 mins changes anything for you. Out of curiosity, how much thermal paste did you use? Got a picture of the application? What cooler did you add on? List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

JoeMcDonalds27

Reputable
BANNED
Mar 26, 2016
I was working on my computer and adding a new cooling system and was re applying the paste on my processor. I put it all back together and turned it on. It apparently reset my whole computer, because it showed a message saying BOOTMGR MISSING.

I got a usb with Microsoft Windows 10 boot on it and tried it out. I need a product key which I didn’t have. So I tried skipping but it still would not let me install. I gave a shot at repairing it and now I’m stuck with a backward 3’s in this forMay <3<3.

I’m extremely confused...

Hi,

A black screen is an error screen displayed after encountering a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down.

Step 1:

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking and perform the Clean Boot.

Press and hold the shift key while clicking on Restart at the login Screen (Bottom right corner).

1. Select Troubleshootand click on Advanced Options.

2. Select Startup Settingsand click on Restart.

3. After restarting, choose Enable Safe modewith networking.

If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode, then perform a Clean Boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as Clean Boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Step 2:

Put the computer in Clean Boot and check if it helps.

By setting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

Regards,
Joe

Last edited by a moderator: