[SOLVED] Windows 10 boots every other startup

May 21, 2020
Hello all! New poster here but I have no where else to turn. I recently have been having an issue when I boot my PC. The PC will boot, the bios screen will show up, Windows logo appears and loads, then the keyboard and mouse LEDs go dark, and the monitor enters a state where it shows "Entering Power Saver Mode" every 2 seconds. After holding my case power (as I do not have a reset button), I will boot the PC back up and everything runs fine. The only things I've downloaded recently are GTA V from the Epic Games store and Speccy, because I forgot what I put in my own machine. I'm fairly tech savvy and had little to no issues building the computer. This is the first major hiccups I've noticed. I've started by unplugging all USB inputs, leaving video and networking plugged in. The problem persisted regardless of what was plugged in. I have set Fast Boot "off" in my bios settings to see if that made any difference and the problem persisted. Could it be booting with UEFI after the first boot with CSM is going bad and that's why every other boot is good? Thanks for any and all input! This forum has helped me many a time in the past.

Operating System - Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 Summit Ridge 14nm Technology
RAM - 32.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-36) It's Corsair Vengeance PRO
Motherboard - ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX X470-I GAMING (AM4)
Graphics - DELL P2212H (1920x1080@60Hz)8176MB ATI AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (ASRock)
Storage - 931GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB
Audio - AMD High Definition Audio Device
PSU - Corsair RMx (2018) 850w 80+ Gold

Last edited:
May 21, 2020
I've updated my BIOS after doing some research and the computer still boots to BIOS then OS screen then USB devices turn off and the monitor acts as if there is no input. The internals of my PC also go through stock RGB functions, as if my profiles for them are not loading. Turning the PC off and back on will allow me to pass the OS login screen and use my computer as normal. I can only imagine this has something to do with the recently downloaded GTA. I am considering doing a factory reset. If I were to proceed with the factory reset, should I set the BIOS version back to its default or leave it updated?

May 21, 2020
After turning off fast boot prior to the BIOS update it did not affect my problem. Updated BIOS, uninstalled and reinstalled some programs and do far it hasn't happened again. Thanks for the suggestions friends.