Question Windows 10 Boots & Logs in To Black Screen?

ccoo84

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2013
Hello, So the last couple days my computer has been booting up into Windows 10, everything seems fine but when it gets to the desktop its like Explorer.exe isn't working I can press [Windows Key] & it shows the task bar but disapears when I try to do anything with it, after I restart the computer a it works? I can't figure out whats goinging ont I used SFC to check the health but it says the computer is good.. Any idea's? Thank you in advance...

Hello, So the last couple days my computer has been booting up into Windows 10, everything seems fine but when it gets to the desktop its like Explorer.exe isn't working I can press [Windows Key] & it shows the task bar but disapears when I try to do anything with it, after I restart the computer a it works? I can't figure out whats goinging ont I used SFC to check the health but it says the computer is good.. Any idea's? Thank you in advance...
Make sure all sata cables are fully seated and try a new sata slot on the mobo

ccoo84

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2013
SO I think its a bigger problem.. I have a NVME for my main drive then I have a 1TB Socndary for game, then a Western Digital Black 6TB Storage...

The Problem is that it loads into windows you can move the curser hit the WIn Key & it pops the dock up.. If I wait about a minute or 2 windows desktop finally appears... That doesn't sound good..

SO I think its a bigger problem.. I have a NVME for my main drive then I have a 1TB Socndary for game, then a Western Digital Black 6TB Storage...

The Problem is that it loads into windows you can move the curser hit the WIn Key & it pops the dock up.. If I wait about a minute or 2 windows desktop finally appears... That doesn't sound good..
Just have the main disk/nvme connected.
Disconnect all other disk.
Any change?