[SOLVED] Windows 10 broken

Apr 1, 2020
Hello my pc shut down out of no where now it’s a potato I would run games crazy smooth 250fps plus on my 240hz monitor and now I’m getting 30fps my home screen is crazy slow when it was crazy fast responsive I try opening links it’s slow and laggy and I try opening Nvidia control panel it takes like 30 secs to open, my CPU is running at 120 degrees on the homepage when it normally runs 34 IN GAME my GPU around the same used to get like 30 in game now it’s at 70 on the home screen I can’t open any games or my pc shuts down cause of overheating feature, I built it myself and this problem happened before with my old prebuilt pc and not sure what’s up, last time the guy went in to my pc remotely and at first said nothing was wrong with it and then it took and 3 guys to find out what’s wrong and fix it, not sure what to do I tried resetting and all that not sure what to do now / pc specs

CPU i7 8700k Water cooled
GPU Msi 1070ti titanium
Motherboard NZXT z370
32gb ddr4 ram

Solution
Try resetting your BIOS to default settings then, but if your CPU is still getting excessively hot, then clearly your water cooler isn't doing it's job.

-Wolf sends
D

Deleted member 14196

shutting down like that is either power supply issues or thermal issues. it looks like your temperatures are way out of control. you need better cooling stuff.

also make sure you are using a high quality power supply that supplies all the required power correctly.

after you solve the temperature issues, you will need to get your personal data and files off of the HDD or SSD and FORMAT and RE-INSTALL windows 10

Windows Reset is next to totally useless in over 90% of cases like this.

Apr 1, 2020
This has happend before I have RM1000x 1000 watt power supply everything is running this has happend before I need to reset my stuff how would I do it I tried doing it and now when I start my pc it has me choose windows 10 vol 2 or windows 10 vol 6 is there a way I can reset both my ssd and hdd so I can just start with a fresh os I don’t use my pc for anything but gaming so I don’t need anything important

Apr 1, 2020
I built this computer in summer 2018 and it’s been running butter smooth and after this happend it’s slow and laggy not just the games just opening stuff in general