[SOLVED] Windows 10: Browser Not Downloading At Full Speed

KESH JHOOMUCK

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2013
I've been having this issue for a long time now which comes like this, whenever i try to download something lets take MySQL server the Workbench as example from the official website, the max download rate im getting was 750kB/s while my download speed is 20Mbps(Speedtest). I've tried on Chrome, Firefox and OperaGX all of them are downloading at the same rate. Everything else like Netflix App, Torrent, Steam, Origin, etc downloads at the full 20Mbps on Genuine Windows 10 updated to latest version. I've tried downloading the same file on the same website on my laptop which runs Kali Linux 2020.1, now its downloading at full 20Mbps, i've tested on Chromium and Firefox ESR both downloading at full speed. Can someone explain to me what is going on? Do know that im not running any browser extensions.

Solution
All drivers are uptodate, reinstalled aswell
having this problem long ago
FastSpeedTest is ok at 20mbps, task manager was showing 19.8mbps

specs:
i5 8400
16gb hyperX 3200Mhz
z370 tomahawk
r9 380
genuine windows 10 version 1909
Then it may with MySQL server in your region. Can you try to download any thing from Google servers(Google Drive). If it is downloading at good speed(20mbps),then it is sure that your internet and system is ok,the problem is with MySQL server.

Anyways, Are you connect to your nearest MySQL server?

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
I've been having this issue for a long time now which comes like this, whenever i try to download something lets take MySQL server the Workbench as example from the official website, the max download rate im getting was 750kB/s while my download speed is 20Mbps(Speedtest). I've tried on Chrome, Firefox and OperaGX all of them are downloading at the same rate. Everything else like Netflix App, Torrent, Steam, Origin, etc downloads at the full 20Mbps on Genuine Windows 10 updated to latest version. I've tried downloading the same file on the same website on my laptop which runs Kali Linux 2020.1, now its downloading at full 20Mbps, i've tested on Chromium and Firefox ESR both downloading at full speed. Can someone explain to me what is going on? Do know that im not running any browser extensions.
Did you tried to download on other device like phone or PC or laptop with same network?

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
Dude i did mention that i tried on my laptop which runs Kali Linux 2020.1 and its on the same network.
Ok then,
PC specs?
Wifi drivers up to date? If yes, then uninstall them and reinstall the latest one.

Does the issue started after any software update or any new program installation?

While doing speed test on Fast SpeedTest, right click on Windows icon on desktop and go to Task Manager and then performance and see you speed there.
Is it showing less or ok?

Reactions: TejasAnand

KESH JHOOMUCK

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2013
Ok then,
PC specs?
Wifi drivers up to date? If yes, then uninstall them and reinstall the latest one.

Does the issue started after any software update or any new program installation?

While doing speed test on Fast SpeedTest, right click on Windows icon on desktop and go to Task Manager and then performance and see you speed there.
Is it showing less or ok?

specs:
i5 8400
16gb hyperX 3200Mhz
z370 tomahawk
r9 380

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020

specs:
i5 8400
16gb hyperX 3200Mhz
z370 tomahawk
r9 380
Then it may with MySQL server in your region. Can you try to download any thing from Google servers(Google Drive). If it is downloading at good speed(20mbps),then it is sure that your internet and system is ok,the problem is with MySQL server.

Anyways, Are you connect to your nearest MySQL server?

Solution