[SOLVED] Windows 10 BSOD after clean install

May 14, 2021
Good afternoon!!!

My son's gaming PC (HP TG01-1185t) was getting the BSOD so I decided to format the HD and build it from scratch. Creating the recovery media failed with a BSOD so I used a Windows 10 DVD I had. Using the DVD, I was able to format the HD and rebuild the computer. I updated Windows 10 all the way up to version 20H2 and then installed the drivers on the HP website for his specific computer. It was fine for a few days and then it is getting the BSOD again. I copied the mini-dumps to the location below...any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you in advance.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q6M300BIs29bkG8PUYGkRdm1Ay5HA6OE/view?usp=sharing

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/aLovkj92/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:051421-9875-01.dmp (May 14 2021 - 12:06:30)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: dwm.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 7 Hour(s), 43 Min(s), and 48 Sec(s)

File information:051421-11234-01.dmp (May 14 2021 - 01:38:36)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Battle.net.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 18 Hour(s), 16 Min(s), and 11 Sec(s)

File information:051421-10718-01.dmp (May 14 2021 - 04:22:23)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 40 Min(s), and 43 Sec(s)

File information:051221-10296-01.dmp (May 12 2021 - 23:46:20)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 34 Min(s), and 40 Sec(s)

File information:051121-8734-01.dmp (May 11 2021 - 23:11:21)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 33 Min(s), and 15 Sec(s)
HP Support Page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-tg01-1000i/32480786
There is a BIOS update available for your system. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
1st error mentions directX. Almost every time i see DirectX in a BSOD I know its gpu drivers. That and dwm.exe (victim) is windows desktop manager, it sits between GPU and Windows, so it was pretty obvious
you have the newest drivers so try running ddu and reinstall them, see if it makes any difference

the other 4 aren't so clear. some could be caused by GPU drivers.

you could try running this and see if it suggests any other newer drivers - https://www8.hp.com/au/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

May 14, 2021
Thank you!!!! I just ran the clean install of the GPU drivers. I will see if that helps. Should I check to see if there are any mini-dumps? It looks like it was producing mini-dumps in the middle of the night before, even when no one was on the computer.

gardenman

Splendid
BSODs often take a while to diagnose with a lot of testing. Very few people get an answer in just a few posts.

I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/ubjow0ax/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:052121-8640-01.dmp (May 21 2021 - 07:15:32)
Bugcheck:ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY (FC)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 03 Min(s), and 40 Sec(s)

File information:052121-8546-01.dmp (May 21 2021 - 07:11:33)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (D1)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 09 Min(s), and 01 Sec(s)

File information:052121-12546-01.dmp (May 21 2021 - 07:16:24)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_LOCK_ENTRY_LEAKED_ON_THREAD_TERMINATION (153)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: EpicGamesLauncher.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 33 Sec(s)

File information:052121-8515-02.dmp (May 21 2021 - 06:45:16)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Uptime:0 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 08 Min(s), and 04 Sec(s)
The nvlddmkm.sys file is a NVIDIA graphics card driver. There are a few things you can do to fix this problem. First off, try a full uninstall using DDU in Safe Mode then re-install the driver (more information). Or try getting the latest version of the driver. Or try one of the 3 most recent drivers released by NVIDIA. Drivers can be found here: http://www.nvidia.com/ or you can allow Windows Update to download the driver for you, which might be a older/better version.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

May 19, 2021
I was getting this error and here are few solutions that might help you:

1. Go to Start then search Device Manager, after you open it try finding the "Display Adapters" or "Graphics" section and expand it. You should see the name of your graphics card. Press right click on in then go to Properties then it's going to open little tab showing the info of your graphics card, up you should see other tabs like: Driver, Compatibilities etc.. Press on driver. Now there would be options Update driver and Roll Back driver. First try Update driver and if it says: The best drivers are already installed. Then use the Roll Back driver option, it would reset the graphics card to older driver that might work better than the newer one. And then it should fix your problem.

2. Download BlueScreen Viewer, an old program that notes BSOD errors and pack the information about it in the program, and open it for once. Then let your son to play games or whatever he does on the PC until the BSOD occurs again. Power up the computer again, then go to the BlueScreen Viewer program. There should be listed BSOD error message that you get and what caused it. Copy the error code you got in the BlueScreen Viewer and contact Microsoft Live Chat support and request to talk to a technician, you might wait a little bit longer because of the pandemic situation, then paste them the code you got and they'll try to provide you help.

3. Last you can to by yourself is to reinstall the whole system but now install it from Microsoft's official site.

4. If this still does not work i'll highly recommend you to return the computer to the shop if its new, or take the machine to your local technician because that might be a Hardware failure that triggers the system to go BSOD.

I wouldn't recommend you to download the drivers from (in your case) the official NVIDIA site because you will install the universal driver for all their newer graphics card. This is done same with the AMD and their Radeon Software. I know you select the exact graphic card that you have but it would download the same universal driver that might not work with your graphics.

Also heres a Microsoft's official solution for this BSOD that might help you:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ing-bsod/4b5ea960-f17b-4b35-bd08-8f45e9ee75b5

Hope i helped!

Last edited:
May 14, 2021
I rolled back the grapics driver and then let Windows update to the nvidia driver. Then I went to the HP Support Assistant and updated the 3 drivers that were listed there (it would crash before). So far so good. I will keep an eye out for any crashes over the next week. Thank you for your help!!!

Colif

Win 11 Master
Copy the error code you got in the BlueScreen Viewer and contact Microsoft Live Chat support and request to talk to a technician, you might wait a little bit longer because of the pandemic situation, then paste them the code you got and they'll try to provide you help.
last people i get to help with a bsod question is Microsoft chat. Don't need BSV. Gardenman is converting the dumps and we just need to figure out cause. BSV almost always blames ntoskrnl.

@kluciano27 I wait for gardenman to convert dumps for me. I been busy and missed last conversion.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/gswrqek1/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:052521-8296-01.dmp (May 25 2021 - 04:19:06)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 44 Min(s), and 08 Sec(s)

File information:052521-8187-01.dmp (May 25 2021 - 02:34:38)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE (162)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 6 Hour(s), 53 Min(s), and 08 Sec(s)

File information:052421-8343-01.dmp (May 24 2021 - 19:41:05)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 6 Hour(s), 26 Min(s), and 17 Sec(s)

Colif

Win 11 Master
May 14, 2021
Yes I was able to update the drivers on May 23rd. After I reverted the Graphics card driver and the let Windows update to the Nvidia Super 1660, I went to HP assistant and updated 3 drivers. They were 2 LAN card drivers and I forget what the 3rd driver was. But I was happy it didn't crash just running HP assistant like before. It was good for 1 night and then I checked the minidumps Tuesday morning and there were 3 more which I uploaded here.

Colif

Win 11 Master
please give us any dumps you get.

I looked at the ones you showed on Tuesday
crash 1 was in registry although I cannot tell what cause was. it happened after CPU had to get info from ram
crash 2 is also in registry but it tells me even less than 1st error
crash 3 is like crash 1.

Hence I didn't really mention crash results and asked about the Intel program instead.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/eq1xnfyv/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:053021-22828-01.dmp (May 30 2021 - 06:33:25)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 15 Hour(s), 34 Min(s), and 21 Sec(s)

File information:052921-8390-01.dmp (May 29 2021 - 14:58:18)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtwlane.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 48 Min(s), and 26 Sec(s)

File information:052821-20984-01.dmp (May 28 2021 - 12:09:33)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: BlackOpsColdWar.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 18 Hour(s), 47 Min(s), and 15 Sec(s)

File information:052721-8296-01.dmp (May 27 2021 - 17:21:58)
Bugcheck:CACHE_MANAGER (34)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 32 Min(s), and 27 Sec(s)

File information:052721-18734-01.dmp (May 27 2021 - 16:49:11)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 35 Min(s), and 46 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "IOCBios2.sys" was found on your system. (Intel Extreme Tuning Utility)

Colif

Win 11 Master
2nd one caused by Wifi drivers. which is odd as you appear to have newest maybe. its hard to tell, I just have dates
Mar 16 2021rtwlane.sysRealtek PCI-E Wireless LAN NIC NDIS driver https://www.realtek.com/en/
is on PC
ones on HP website are older... since originally your installed drivers were from Dec until I told you to run HP thing, I have to assume assistant installed them.

5th one caused by GPU drivers. I have to assume
It mentions DIrectX. 99% of the time I see it, its GPU drivers.
That and victim is a dead give away. Its WIndows Desktop Manager, it sits between windows and GPU drivers.
try running DDU, remove Nvidia drivers and install newer ones, there are some from May now.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

May 14, 2021
All,
I finally got back to this...I was waiting for remote learning to be finished. I ran memtest and it didn't even finish the first pass before failing with too many errors to continue. Now I am talking to HP support since it is under warranty. She asked me if there was external memory...she thought memory was the hard drive. Thank you for your help!!!!

May 14, 2021
I may have spoken too soon. This morning I ran memtest86 again after realizing I needed to run it one at a time...both sticks passed individually. So I decided to swap memory with Dell desktop I had (both had DDR4 16 GB - 2 sticks of 8 GB). When I got home the troubled computer had a minidump around 1:30 pm today with the other memory and my Dell desktop was fine, so it doesn't seem like the memory. I did a clean install of the video drivers before but I can do it again and then check all of the drivers again.

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you get a minidump file on the last crash?

HP need people who know storage doesn't equal ram. It isn't their fault, often see computers advertised and the storage is counted as memory. Still, would think they knew difference... on help desk.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running memtest with both of the different sticks in and see if it has errors.
if both sticks are fine by themselves, there is always the chance the problem is the motherboard slots, and not the ram sticks themselves.