[SOLVED] windows 10 bsod after installion

Mar 18, 2020
I decided to make the upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 after the checking update phase i get a blue screen saying tcpip.sys driver_irql_not_less_or_equal any tips on how to fix that?

Solution
update lan drivers
tcpip - transmission control protocol/ Internet protocol (taking an IT course 20 years ago still rewarding me) - its what windows uses for Internet traffic so updating LAN'/WIFI drivers could fix it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
update lan drivers
tcpip - transmission control protocol/ Internet protocol (taking an IT course 20 years ago still rewarding me) - its what windows uses for Internet traffic so updating LAN'/WIFI drivers could fix it.

Solution
Mar 18, 2020
i went o device manager and and did a check for new drivers and i says my drivers are up to dated my network adaptor is a Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller and the driver version is 8.75.1118.2019

Colif

Win 11 Master
based on that, its unlikely your motherboard site would have newer drivers than the realtek link I gave you.

just in case my guess is wrong, Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Colif

Win 11 Master
I decided to make the upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 after the checking update phase i get a blue screen saying tcpip.sys driver_irql_not_less_or_equal any tips on how to fix that?

slaps self repeatedly. i just noticed you still trying to upgrade

If you still trying to upgrade, unplug PC from internet and try again, that will stop the error as windows won't be able to check for updates. Once win 10 is installed you can update the lan drivers.