Question Windows 10 BSOD always

Matthew_129

Reputable
Jul 14, 2016
Hello!
My PC BSOD's with the same two errors quite often. It happens and what seems to be random times.
As of the guides on this website, I have downloaded BSOD viewer and read the errors. Each time it blames ntoskrnl.exe and from what I've read around here, that is not what I should look into as it is simply what gets balmed alot. I get IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL the most, and a few SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION's.
I have uploaded the mini dump files to https://filebin.net/ckypb1abc1238myu
I have also added the MEMORY.DMP on that website as well.

Thanks!

EDIT: My full PC build can be found at https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MnWv6R(Yes, I updated BIOS for the ryzen 5)

Last edited:

Wolfshadw

Titan
Bumping is not allowed. Please refrain from doing so in the future.
Thanks for updating your post with your system specs.

Did you update your motherboard BIOS to at least version P3.20?
Are all of your storage devices new?
On which drive is Windows installed and was it the only drive connected when you performed the install?

-Wolf sends

Matthew_129

Reputable
Jul 14, 2016
Bumping is not allowed. Please refrain from doing so in the future.
Thanks for updating your post with your system specs.

Did you update your motherboard BIOS to at least version P3.20?
Are all of your storage devices new?
On which drive is Windows installed and was it the only drive connected when you performed the install?

-Wolf sends
Cool thanks for letting me know. My motherboard BIOS is the latest version. I bought all the drives new, however, windows was originally on the Samsung SSD, where i later reinstalled it onto the M.2 drive. All 3 drives were plugged in when windows was installed. The other user of my PC just informed me that by using their user account, nothing crashed. It seems to only happen on my account. The games are located on the SSD separated from the C drive. It seems to be related to where my user account is stored

EDIT: Looking at Crystal Disk check, I did not install windows to the M.2, it says that windows is on the Samsung SSD, and my M.2 is the one with the games.

Please run driver verifier using the following settings for 48 hours.
  • Special Pool
  • Force IRQL checking
  • Pool Tracking
  • Deadlock Detection
  • Security Checks
  • Miscellaneous Checks
  • Power framework delay fuzzing
  • DDI compliance checking

Warning: driver verifier could cause boot issues and/or performance issues.

Resetting driver verifier options (recommended in this order)
  1. In normal mode open an administrator command prompt and enter the below command
  2. In safe mode open an administrator command prompt and enter the below command
  3. On 3 boot failures, you'll boot automatically to the recovery options,
    • click Troubleshoot
    • go to the advanced options
    • choose command prompt
    • enter the below command
  4. Boot with the recovery media, see above 4 steps in option 3.
  5. Via the recovery options or recovery media, select a restore point prior enabling driver verifier
Code:
verifier /reset

Crashed when running driver verifier
  1. Reset driver verifier
  2. Boot in normal mode if necessary
  3. Follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions to provide the requested logs

Extra information about driver verifier
When you run driver verifier, there are two things you're looking out for
  1. Driver verifier won't find any driver violating something and thus in the time you need to run it there won't be a crash
  2. Driver verifier will find a driver violating something and thus the system will crash.

The end result of driver verifier is either of the two, but when driver verifier finds something your system will BSOD.

Driver verifier essentially validates selected drivers on selected actions, this validation adds some delay to actions performed in the background which results in a performance decrease that many people notice. This is called stress testing drivers and depending on quite a few factors this performance decrease is worse for some than for others, and some won't even notice a difference.

Depending on the drivers selected, it is possible that some of the selected drivers are so-called 'boot' drivers, meaning they load when your system is booting. If these drivers don't pass a validation check, your system will crash, but since the drivers are loading at boot, your system will basically be in a boot loop. That is one of the risks involved and the most important one. Of course, there are various methods to recover from it mentioned earlier.

If you want visual confirmation that driver verifier is actually running, copy/paste the following command in powershell or command prompt

Code:
verifier /query

If the command gives a result similar to this, it means driver verifier is running.

attachment.php

Matthew_129

Reputable
Jul 14, 2016
You can try and re-create your user profile to see if that resolves the issue, but I'd be ready to perform a clean install (data backed up) in case it fails and/or you want to place the OS on the correct SSD.

-Wolf sends
Tried both. No avail :(
Please run driver verifier using the following settings for 48 hours.
  • Special Pool
  • Force IRQL checking
  • Pool Tracking
  • Deadlock Detection
  • Security Checks
  • Miscellaneous Checks
  • Power framework delay fuzzing
  • DDI compliance checking
Warning: driver verifier could cause boot issues and/or performance issues.
Resetting driver verifier options (recommended in this order)
  1. In normal mode open an administrator command prompt and enter the below command
  2. In safe mode open an administrator command prompt and enter the below command
  3. On 3 boot failures, you'll boot automatically to the recovery options,
    • click Troubleshoot
    • go to the advanced options
    • choose command prompt
    • enter the below command
  4. Boot with the recovery media, see above 4 steps in option 3.
  5. Via the recovery options or recovery media, select a restore point prior enabling driver verifier
Code:
verifier /reset

Crashed when running driver verifier
  1. Reset driver verifier
  2. Boot in normal mode if necessary
  3. Follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions to provide the requested logs

Extra information about driver verifier
When you run driver verifier, there are two things you're looking out for
  1. Driver verifier won't find any driver violating something and thus in the time you need to run it there won't be a crash
  2. Driver verifier will find a driver violating something and thus the system will crash.
The end result of driver verifier is either of the two, but when driver verifier finds something your system will BSOD.

Driver verifier essentially validates selected drivers on selected actions, this validation adds some delay to actions performed in the background which results in a performance decrease that many people notice. This is called stress testing drivers and depending on quite a few factors this performance decrease is worse for some than for others, and some won't even notice a difference.

Depending on the drivers selected, it is possible that some of the selected drivers are so-called 'boot' drivers, meaning they load when your system is booting. If these drivers don't pass a validation check, your system will crash, but since the drivers are loading at boot, your system will basically be in a boot loop. That is one of the risks involved and the most important one. Of course, there are various methods to recover from it mentioned earlier.

If you want visual confirmation that driver verifier is actually running, copy/paste the following command in powershell or command prompt

Code:
verifier /query

If the command gives a result similar to this, it means driver verifier is running.

attachment.php
Cool I will start running this tonight!

EDIT: Created the restore point, rebooted PC and boom! boot loop! Restored and ran the log collecter. The ZIP is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MxpbFaB_G6qOESmeUEoa4aj5GocRg7Ia/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS