Question Windows 10 BSoD, Automatic repair loop

Lismezor

Commendable
Jul 17, 2016
Hello everyone, hope you guys are alright.
So I'm in need of some help.

Basically my computer won't boot properly, it keeps restarting and looping to "Automatic repair" and I want to fix it but I don't want to do a factory reset if I'm not forced to. Reason for that is my C drive is full of stuff I don't want to lose if possible.

I tried getting help at the /techsupport subreddit at Reddit but no luck, a person provided a clue about my problem and I also think that it is the case. Windows can't detect my OS installation directory.
I stumbled on a problem while attempting to rebuild BCD then asked this person but he hasn't replied back, so I thought I would try my luck with this forum.

So back to the problem in more detail.
5 days ago I turned on my computer and went to the bathroom. I come back to see the blue screen and "Automatic repair couldn't fix your PC."
After each thing I try it restarts and then there is a :( face saying my computer ran into a problem. The error code is 0x000007b.

Tried a bunch of things:
System Restore (unsuccessful)
Going back to an older version of windows (doesn't work)
Factory reset (doesn't work)
Safe mode (can't boot into it no matter what I do)
Restarting
Shutting it down and waiting
Changing SATA configuration from IDE to AHCI
Or CMD commands such as:
sfc /scannow (verification gets to 100 then windows resource protection couldn't perform the requested operation)
Chkdsk C: /f and /r (doesn't find any corrupt files in the bad sector)
Bootrec /fixboot (access denied)
Bootrec /rebuildbcd (finds 0 installation)

But nothing is working and I'm about to lose it. A possible solution only gives back more problems.

(Btw I dunno why but after I open CMD I remember seeing something about there not being enough memory for or about something, and the line I wrote looked like this for example: x:windows/system32: sfc /scannow
I don't know why the drive letter is X.)

Mind you that this was completely unexpected.
5 days ago it was working fine. I turned it off and went to bed. It didn't behave in an unusual way before I turned it off, next morning this problem occurred out of nowhere.

I believe that something in windows' file or something in the registry is corrupt. Or it could be because bcd /rebuildbcd finds 0 windows installation. bcd /fixboot won't work either and I don't know why and I couldn't get it fixed neither from the options like system restore and reverting to an older windows version nor CMD commands like sfc /scannow, bootrec /fixboot or /rebuildbcd doesn't work at all. I also don't think that my hard drive is corrupt.

Sorry if it's too long. Just wanted to provide enough details.

Here's my specs:

Windows 10 64bit (don't remember the edition, could be Pro)
12 gigs of DDR3(I think) RAM
500gb HDD
Intel i3 4130k 3.4 GHz 4 thread 2 core CPU
Nvidia GTX 750Ti OC

It's been days and I tried but I can't fix it by myself so any help is greatly appreciated!

Colif

Win 11 Master
x is a ram disk the recovery mode uses to run its tools in. If you run sfc/scannow you should have done a list disk 1st to find the right drive to run it on

have you got a win 10 install disk? if not, on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

you can try to copy info off hdd doing this:
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

unlikely fix but have you tried changing the boot method in bios? it "might" have swapped and can't find boot drive now cause its looking in the wrong place?

0x000007b. = Inaccessible boot device... in most cases the best answer for this is a clean install, especially after you seem to tried everything else.

Most windows problems are unexpected, almost all happen "suddenly"

TRENDING THREADS