Windows 10 BSOD "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and "ntoskrnl.exe"

Mantilized

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015
So, forever I have been having this problem. It all started a while back, My computer would randomly black screen and reset saying "An amd graphics driver has stopped working and successfully recovered." I tried to find the solution, and there were way to many answers. This started to escalate, it became way more frequent. I had made previous threads. And I got the same answers. update drivers :l. That didn't do crap. Anyways, I started getting blue screens with the message Irql not less or equal. I have tried reinstalling my graphics card drivers and reinstalling windows multiple times. Then I started to get a bit pissed off and Decided I was going to fix this once and for all. I installed a program called "Who Crashed" which gives you an analysis by reading your memory dump files and what not. Here is what I got out of it.

On Sat 8/27/2016 5:31:48 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\082716-8296-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x142940)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x28, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8029C0F5503)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

And before that...

On Sat 8/27/2016 5:31:48 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (dxgkrnl+0x1BA34)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x28, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8029C0F5503)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: DirectX Graphics Kernel
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

and previously the same message as the first one. So I am not sure what to do, as there are too many solutions and too many people saying different things. Could someone possibly guide me through this. Thanks.

1. Random failures like that tend to be the result of faulty storage or RAM. Run chkdsk on the hdd/ssd. Iet it complete. If it takes more then a few hours you need a new storage device.

Ram is a bit trickier. It's easiest to just swap it out and see. Personally I never obtain usable info from software checks. But just google ram check and I'm sure you'll find aomething.

I would guess you have a driver that is writing over another drivers data. the first parametere of the bugcheck is a memory address and each time it looks like data rather than a proper memory address. I would guess from the second bugcheck in the directx that the problem is maybe in a conflict in the sound drivers between the motherboard sound driver and the graphics sound driver. I would go to the motherboard vendors website and install the current motherboard sound drivers, then reboot.

otherwise, copy your memory dump files from c:\windows\minidump directory to a server like microsoft onedrive, share the files as public and post a link.

Mantilized

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015

I ran Chdsk and installed some drivers for my motherboard. So far I have been good, but I am not sure for certain,the crashes come randomly, last crash, windows ran some file repair thing, anyway, I will update you guys on if my problem has been solved or not. If I crash again, I will probably install a program that tells me how durable/good my ram is, I am not sure, again, Thanks for the help.

Mantilized

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015
Update. It appears that did not work, I think my computer crashed while I was gone eating, however, I could be wrong. I need to know how to figure out if it is my ram or not. Now, the question is, how do I tell if it is faulty ram, and is there a program to install? If so, what is it called and where can I get it. Thanks guys.

Download and run memtest to confiirm ram timings

Mantilized

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015
I ran memtest, It said no errors were encountered after literally about 6 and a half hours of testing everything. Anyways, I have not encountered the crash again yet, but probably will, so, any ideas on what it could be if it is not ram?