Question Windows 10 BSOD (ntoskrnl.exe+4b426a / PSHED.DLL+15b0 / WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2022
Over the past week my computer has been experiencing BSOD errors during periods of high activity/multi-tasking. This takes place primarily during periods where I am playing video games that have higher requirements of my system. Looking at previous posts with similar issues, I downloaded BlueSreenView and identified the exact nature of the BSOD. The cause has been listed in all but one of the crashes as being caused by NTOSKRNL.EXE and, once, by PSHED.DLL.

I saw many posts stating this could be a driver issue, so I went ahead and reinstalled my OS and the problem is still happening with a fresh install with no changed
drivers. I also made sure that there is no overclocking on either my GPU or CPU.

I welcome any help that anyone can provide on this issue. I would at least like to narrow down whether it is a hardware issue or not.

BlueScreenView Readout(s):

Dump File : 083022-5875-01.dmp
Crash Time : 30/08/2022 01:06:12
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 0000000000000000 Parameter 2 : ffffc58f0b9c0028
Parameter 3 : 00000000f2000000 Parameter 4 : 0000000000030005
Caused By Driver : PSHED.dll
Caused By Address : PSHED.dll+15b0
File Description : Driver de Erro de Hardware Específico da Plataforma (This is in Portuguese-Brazil)
Product Name : Sistema Operacional Microsoft® Windows® (This is in Portuguese-Brazil)
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 10.0.19041.1889 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+3f88c0
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\083022-5875-01.dmp
Processors Count : 8
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 19041
Dump File Size : 1.104.308
Dump File Time : 30/08/2022 01:08:19

Hardware specs:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-9700
Motherboard: GIGABYTE H310M H (rev. 1.0)
Memory: 16GB [8GB x2] DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
Power Supply: Corsair CX750w
Primary Storage: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250GB
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro - (64-bit)

Colif

Win 11 Master
WHEA errors survive installs as they are hardware errors
its an error called by CPU but not necessarily caused by it. Can be any hardware
can be caused by heat so clean fans/heatsinks
can be caused by overclocking so remove anything like MSI Afterburner
Pretty sure you can't overclock your CPU so I won't mention it.
Updating Motherboard BIOS can help

pshed.dll - Platform Specific Hardware Error Driver
i see that on almost every whea error. same applies to hal.dll and ntoskrnl

Try running this: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

try running magician on the ssd - https://semiconductor.samsung.com/consumer-storage/support/tools/

there aren't any tests for motherboard, we have to test everything else.

Only real tests for GPU are benchmarks and we only really interested if a BSOD occurs during them

I would get you to run without GPU to see if you still bsod but the intel igpu not amazing in games.

Only tests for PSU are:
multimeter https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

or in the BIOS to check the +3.3V, +5V, and +12V. - https://www.lifewire.com/power-supply-voltage-tolerances-2624583

Any other hardware attached as it can be caused by anything.

Aug 30, 2022
Gonna reply to this in the order of the advice you gave me so,

I've cleaned my fans because of the BSOD a while ago and it didn't work
No overclocking was done to any hardware in my pc
Have updated BIOS and still didn't help

Ran the IPDT, all tests passed
Ran MemTest86, 2 RAMs together, and 1 at a time on each connector, all tests passed with 0 errors
Already had Samsung Magician installed since I run it to make the SSD enter "RAPID mode"
Used OCCT to realize a GPU stress test but no BSODs happened while it was running

All that's left to check is the PSU and 3 other disks aside from the OS one.
I have a 1TB HDD, 500GB HDD and a 500GB SSD.

Don't know if there is a test to run on them aside from chkdsk on CMD, which I ran and all disks were fine.

Colif

Win 11 Master
try running diagnostics in Magician on drive. Maybe stop using RAPID until we figure out cause.

what brand other drives?
can run crystaldiskinfo (blue icons) - https://crystalmark.info/en/
it automatically gets the SMART scores of the drives.

WHEA errors almost always look the same but I might as well look at dumps
  1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Aug 30, 2022
Diagnostics on Magician found no errors, and I have disabled RAPID mode now

But I may have found the issue, when CrystalDisk ran I saw that my ST500DM002-1BD142 500,1 GB HDD had a bad health status with 2 Reallocated Sectors Count
I tried to post an image but it didn't allow me

The displays on the other drives were
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB 250,0 GB - Good (85%)
WDC WD10JPVX-35JC3T0 1000,2 GB - Good
SATA SSD 480,1 GB - Good (98%)

Here is the link to the minidumps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bWlKNk-UYVqH7smB9l3MXdg-A8wEZOof/view?usp=sharing

Aug 30, 2022
I've just checked something else as well, while playing games my CPU temperature goes into a constant temperature of 100°C (checked with HWMonitor). I don't believe that's normal right?

Aug 30, 2022
Diagnostics on Magician found no errors, and I have disabled RAPID mode now

But I may have found the issue, when CrystalDisk ran I saw that my ST500DM002-1BD142 500,1 GB HDD had a bad health status with 2 Reallocated Sectors Count
I tried to post an image but it didn't allow me

The displays on the other drives were
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB 250,0 GB - Good (85%)
WDC WD10JPVX-35JC3T0 1000,2 GB - Good
SATA SSD 480,1 GB - Good (98%)

Here is the link to the minidumps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bWlKNk-UYVqH7smB9l3MXdg-A8wEZOof/view?usp=sharing
I have removed the drive that had the Bad Health status and the BSODs are still happening

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder

dumps might show something.

Aug 30, 2022
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
dumps might show something.
Here is the minidump link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xt8xje7hen43i36/minidump.zip?dl=0

This one literally just happened so, BIOS updating didn't solve it either

Colif

Win 11 Master
WHEA dumps generally show same info every time but your showed even less than normal.

File: 083122-5406-01.dmp (Aug 31 2022 - 15:46:38)
BugCheck: [WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)]
Probably caused by: GenuineIntel (Process: vivaldi.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 12 Min(s), and 42 Sec(s)

Comment: 2 or more types of RAM are installed.
results
Vivaldi was the victim

why do you have 2 different types of ram?
1 x 9905713-030.A00G
1 x 9905702-082.A00G
how long you run both together?

possibly updating this might help
May 07 2019TeeDriverW8x64.sysIntel Management Engine Interface driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
try running this and see if it has anything new - https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html
since your BIOS is 2 years newer than it now. Doubtful.

I suspect if it only just started 2 weeks ago, its hardware.

strange the Evo 850 doesn't complete the tests on benchmark site.

Aug 30, 2022
Those 2 RAMs came with the previous PC I had bought a while ago. When I changed my CPU I had to change my motherboard as well, so I just put those same RAMs on the new motherboard. They were working fine together though.

So has Vivaldi anything to do with the blue screens? I didn't get it.

I've downloaded and updated the Intel Management Engine Interface driver through the link you posted
and there wasn't anything new on the Intel Driver Support, all was up to date.

I noticed there's also an Intel Management Engine Interface driver available to download at my motherboard's support website, should I download it from there instead of Intel's website?

Also saw that the EVO didn't complete the benchmark on the 2nd test, but the 1st one it finished just fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS