[SOLVED] Windows 10 - bsod, random restarts and freezes

Sep 19, 2019
Hello everyone.

I recently had a problem I posted here and it become solved afterwards. My PC remained bsod & crash free for about 7 days. Recently I've begun experienced bsod crashes, random restarts and freezes again. This time the PC no longer makes electronic noise when I listen to music when its about to crash. I've set Windows to create complete info dumps in hope to gather more data. Generally do I restart my PC so every 1-2h so it won't crash when I'm in the middle of something. However its freezes and restarts is still very irritating as I don't see a pattern in it.

My bsod crashes is KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. However its only 3 of 5 that has a stopcode and not to mention all freezes that doesn't show up there.

Afterwards I began verifier.exe and I got UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP stopcode. After 4 crashes with the same errors I quit the program. It didn't crash when I used the browser but only when I played resource heavy games.

Previously someone mentioned that Malwarebytes Premium interfares with Bitdefender Internet Security. So I've turned off Malwarebytes in startup. That said its not uninstalled.

I've updated LAN drivers, On-Board Audio Drivers and tried to update On-Board PIDE/SATA Drivers. However the latter said I don't have RAID. I done both sfc /scannow and mdsched.exe which is clear.

Drivers on LiveUpdate6 - all these drivers should be the latest. However I havn't installed any utility programs from LiveUpdate6.

MB Driver Realtek HD Universal Drivers. 6.0.8787.1

MB Driver AMD Chipset Drivers 26.20.11016.1

MB Driver Realtek PCIE Network Drivers 10.35.510.2019

MB BIOS MS-7A33 1.H0

VGA BIOS MH-V341

PC

AMD Ryzen 5 1600X six core processor

16GB RAM. 4 RAM ports total

-8GB Corsair DDR4 1066MH

-8GB Kingston DDR4 1200MH

X370 KRAIT GAMING (MS-7A33) MSI

ARMOR Radeon RX 580 8GB

Wired Mouse HyperX

Wired Keyboard HP

1 Screen Monitor BENQ

Realtek(R) Audio

CPU temp 40. Using NZXT Cam.

GPU temp 39

PSU: Corsair CX 650M

Uses only LAN ethernet. Has completely disabled Wifi card.

https://pastebin.com/PHagRLpi - full report on CPU-Z.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/movph3r3vf4m6ye/Raw_Complete_dump_files.7z/file - raw BSOD complete dump files

http://www.mediafire.com/file/o1rc4aqu1pnj1fv/Verifier_complete_dump_files.zip/file - raw BSOD complete dump files Verifier

https://pastebin.com/Af0yyA7f - BlueScreenView - BSOD report

Thanks for your attention, counting on your help.

Last edited:
Solution
if it freezes randomly, that could be ram so try memtest. All the old errors appeared to centre around internet usage. RAM errors are normally more random but I have been wrong before about that,

Try running HWINFO: https://www.hwinfo.com/download/
Use it to log the sensors as it might reveal why you Freeze.
on startup, set it to sensors only and click run
in the main window, click the icon next to the clock that says start logging
this lets you name a log file - save it as a CSV file
run it every day until you crash - you need to start it manually and make a new log each time.
If you crash while its running, upload the file to a file sharing website and show link here.

Lutfij

Titan
How old is that PSU? Not to be nitpicky here but how did you disable the wifi card, if the board doesn't come bundled with a wireless adapter? Was the BIOS updated through LiveUpdate6 as well? You're suggested to install any and/or all drivers manually.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
MBAM was the victim of one of the errors in your previous post.It is likely why I suggested LAN drivers.

Gardenman likely reply at some stage.

I don't know answer to how he got BIOS, but he had it before he started asking us questions in previous thread. There is a newer bios now but its still in beta.

Have you taken 1 stick out and see if it still happens?

Could Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2019
PSU is about 1,5 year along with everything else except the graphic card and a 8GB ram. I just disabled it in "change settings in networkcard" in Control Panel. Looks like I forgot I didn't need to disable it on this pc. Please forgot what I said. I intermix with another pc.

I flashed my bios when I changed my graphic card about 4 months ago. I also uninstalled all graphic card drivers with a program designed to do just that. I bought a new graphic card it I believe Internet said it was best to flash your bios before you switch it. So I get my bios flash but I need to get a AMD chipset driver update first since it was strongly recommended by MSI to do that. All that was without LiveUpdate6.

Colif

Win 11 Master
if it freezes randomly, that could be ram so try memtest. All the old errors appeared to centre around internet usage. RAM errors are normally more random but I have been wrong before about that,

Try running HWINFO: https://www.hwinfo.com/download/
Use it to log the sensors as it might reveal why you Freeze.
on startup, set it to sensors only and click run
in the main window, click the icon next to the clock that says start logging
this lets you name a log file - save it as a CSV file
run it every day until you crash - you need to start it manually and make a new log each time.
If you crash while its running, upload the file to a file sharing website and show link here.

Solution

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/pA16.html
File information:101819-41406-01.dmp (Oct 18 2019 - 08:16:39)
Bugcheck:UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7F)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: csrss.exe)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 10 Min(s), and 14 Sec(s)

File information:101819-40343-01.dmp (Oct 18 2019 - 08:37:26)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 17 Min(s), and 42 Sec(s)

File information:101819-40109-01.dmp (Oct 18 2019 - 09:32:15)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 32 Sec(s)

File information:101819-38421-01.dmp (Oct 18 2019 - 09:01:43)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 21 Min(s), and 07 Sec(s)

File information:101419-31968-01.dmp (Oct 13 2019 - 18:21:20)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 50 Min(s), and 40 Sec(s)

File information:101419-30984-01.dmp (Oct 14 2019 - 11:01:45)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 16 Hour(s), 37 Min(s), and 36 Sec(s)

File information:101319-29875-01.dmp (Oct 13 2019 - 15:27:53)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 4 Hour(s), 04 Min(s), and 47 Sec(s)

File information:101219-34609-01.dmp (Oct 11 2019 - 18:35:50)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 39 Min(s), and 59 Sec(s)

File information:101219-31562-01.dmp (Oct 12 2019 - 13:36:04)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 6 Hour(s), 57 Min(s), and 44 Sec(s)
Comment: 2 or more types of RAM are installed.

At least 3 crashes were caused by the GPU driver: atikmdag.sys

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/X370-KRAIT-GAMING.html
There is a Beta BIOS update available for your system (1.J). We usually don't recommend updating to Beta versions. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Sep 19, 2019
Try running HWINFO

I'll start logging the sensors every startup.

Previous thread did I run memtest when I had both ram sticks inserted. It came out with zero errors. This time I let it run on only Kingston stick. It came out with zero errors. I'll check the other tomorrow.

soldiermxdeath

Honorable
Nov 29, 2017
Oh damn, Is the same happened to me, specially IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/windows-freezes.3534547/

My Ryzen 5 1600 @3.7 GHz, GTX 1070 and G.SKill Flare X 3200 MHz cl14 pass the stress tests for many hours without problems, but on Windows 10 the system freezes or while playing the game crashes (Gears 5) In the worst scenario I have BSOD, I haven't had this problem since I have the PC for 2 years, the G.Skill are brand new, bought 2 or 3 months ago, most stable than my previous Corsair LPX White that never reached 3200 MHz, only 3000 MHz.
Yes I have the latest windows updates, drivers, bios, etc.