Question Windows 10 BSOD (Unexpected Store Exception) related to hard drive?

Apr 9, 2019
I'm gonna make this a quick question. lately i have been receiving a Blue screen error, two in fact unexpected store exception and memory management thing, i'm not sure what you call it but lets leave it like that.
so anyways here is the scenario. i was using an outdated version of windows 10 for about one and a half year everything seems fine until i updated it to the latest version, it din't happened immediately though it only stared happening when i was playing PUBG and base on my observation any graphically intensive game that i play. web browsing is fine though. but whenever i play games it almost always fails on me. then the memory management error came up but it doesn't bother me because i already ran memtest on it and all is well. this might not be related to the problem but i recently installed a new CPU, an i5 7500 my old one is an i5 7400 don't know if that has something to do with it but i highly doubt it.

what's weird about it is after that i replaced my hard drive with a new one, and it worked fine using the outdated version of windows 10 that is. but again when i try to update it to the latest version it also gives me the same bluescreen error.
at this point i don't know if its hardware related or a problem with windows 10, all i know is that im tired of trying to figure all this out. i will list the my pc specs and the other trouble shooting that i did down below.

PC SPECS
i5 7500
8GB 3200 mhz
Asus EX-h110m-v
GTX 1050 TI
750 watt corsair psu
500gb wd blue this is the first drive that got the BSOD error.
1TB WD black second one that also got the same BSOD error.
no ssd

I already ran HD tune pro on both drives and all of them look fine.
GPU drivers up to date ( i don't overclock btw)

Thanks for the time on reading this. i hope you guys can help me. the same issue has been haunting me for 2 weeks now.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i used to think Unexpected Store exception was hdd, but i learned my lesson. It could also be a USB device. I am not 100% sure about this error.

Its not my fav BSOD but I will try to help

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

both could just be drivers.

Reactions: nostalgia02

TRENDING THREADS