Question Windows 10 BSOD "video scheduler internal error" ONLY when not playing games

Nov 1, 2020
Hi, I have been having issues with BSOD video scheduler internal error for over a week now and I don't know what could it be.

I tried installing windows 10 on a new SSD that I just bought a week ago, reinstalled GPU drivers (tested like 3 different versions), some BIOS updates and the BSOD its still happening 15-20min after I turn on my PC.

Another interesting thing is that it ONLY happens when I'm not playing games, I could be playing WoW or any other game and It would not BSOD even after 20hours+ with the PC turned on.

My PC:
RX480 8GB
i5 6600K
MSI z170a m3 gaming
16GB of RAM
750W PSU bronze+

Colif

Win 11 Master
what power plan are you running?

balanced? maybe its not supplying the same amount of power at idle compared to when you are gaming.

Who made PSU? what model is it?

do you have latest chipset drivers installed? try updating intel management engine interface

Nov 1, 2020
I'm currently using high perfomance power plan.

My PSU is a nox hummer 850W 80plus bronze modular

I uninstalled intel management engine interface and installed the latest version (1909.12.1236) and I still get BSOD.

I also forgot to say that both of my monitors turn off and on (screen goes black for 1-2 seconds then image comes back, and sometimes I get a full grey screen and the only option is to press the PC power button, this happens every 5-10min when I'm not playing games) then after a few black screens I get a BSOD and my PC restarts.