Windows 10 BSOD

chris_mol2000

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
Had my build for a few momths and started recently getting bsod whilst playing PUBG, all drivers are up to date and thought i had it narrowed down to a problem with my Mobo but I’ve bought a new one and the bsod persists and wont even lete install windows.
Tried each Ram stick , removed the GPU but still it happens.
Could it be my PSU?

piechockidocent9

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
Mobo comes to mind naturally but if this is still happening when you got a new one I guess she's innocent. You remember particular code of the bsod? It might help to actually identify the culprit, specially if you've seen it multiple tries.
Are you installing from a cd/dvd? Did you run memtest on each of your sticks for at least an hour or two? Only time ever I had bsod dduring windows install was either caused by ram fail or media on which I had windows files was damaged.

piechockidocent9

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
90 % sure this is one or all ram stick gone bad then, other 10 % is 50/50 windows install on your usb or hdd/sdd you are installing windows to. Get yourself bootable memtest on usb, details and downloads are all on their site:

http://

Pull out all ram stick from motherboard, plug in one and run memtest for hour or two. I know it's long but it's the best way to see if rams ok or no. If you get no errors after that put away that OK stick so you won't mistake it with others and try the other. Report how'd it go.

P.S as soon as you start seeing errors you can stop the test and mark stick as dead, don't have to go entire 1-2 hour cycle.

chris_mol2000

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018

chris_mol2000

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018

chris_mol2000

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
Think i might have narrowed it down to the cpu, as my sons i5 7400 works fine in my rig and allows me to start the install of windows. When i put my i7-7700 in his machine it gives me a bsod more or less straight away

piechockidocent9

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
Well hell, guess I'd be headless now since I never'd have bet on the cpu. Another cause to add into consideration for future, have your son suffer a bit more and maybe run a fast stress test after the install to confirm. Also you put your cpu into your son mobo? Does his rig spits bsods same as yours did with ur cpu in?

piechockidocent9

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
Don't worry it should be back to it's former self as soon as it has it's cpu back. Normaly It would be a drag buyin' new cpu but if your rig is only few months at least you can call on warranty. Sorry I wasn't much help this time, live long and bsod'less :)