Question Windows 10 BSoD

Jun 26, 2019
So for a week now I’ve been trying to troubleshoot a BSoD Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal stop code. The only thing I can get into is BIOS. I can’t repair windows and can’t clean install from USB(Creation Tool). Unplugged all non essential USB devices, GPU. It always freezes while the dotted circle is spinning trying to boot into Windows, USB, Repair. I replaced the Motherboard and that did nothing. I have a new set of RAM coming in tomorrow that I’m hoping will fix the issue as I’ve read this is mostly caused by RAM? I am at my wits end.

May 10, 2019
Wait, since when did tbis occur? I have the same problem since win updated. Random restarts on a new build. Blue screens irql not less or equal. It could be ram yes but im kind of not trusting windows 10, so please tell me this started since last 1-2 weeks for you.

Jun 26, 2019
Wait, since when did tbis occur? I have the same problem since win updated. Random restarts on a new build. Blue screens irql not less or equal. It could be ram yes but im kind of not trusting windows 10, so please tell me this started since last 1-2 weeks for you.

Yeah it happened after a Windows update. It has messed my PC up that hasn’t had a single issue since I built it. I don’t know what else to do at this point.

Jun 26, 2019
Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal - that doesn't sound like a ram problem to me, its saying its a driver.

what is new motherboard? what are rest of specs of PC?

Yes I assumed it was driver but I’ve read it could just be a hardware issue as well and that it’s mostly a RAM issue. There isn’t much solid information on this problem.

My specs:
Aorus Z390 Master
i9 9900k
Aorus 2080 Ti
Corsair Dominator Platnium 16GB 3200
Corsair H150i AIO CPU Cooler

Colif

Win 11 Master
brand new motherboard normally doesn't need anything changed on it to boot off the USB

try this
1. Put USB in a slot on back
in boot order in the bios, make sure the boot drive is 1st in the order,
and when you want to boot off USB, put it in PC, and
in the Save & Exit screen, under Boot Override, choose the USB from this list and the PC should boot off it, not the normal boot drive

2. if that doesn't work, see below
look on boot tab in bios
check if fast boot is disabled (this is default setting)
under windows 8/10 features on same tab
is CSM support set to enabled? This is default) set it to disabled
with it disabled, under Secure boot, set it to disabled

with fast boot and secure boot off, there should be no reason you can't boot off USB
repeat step 1 again

what ssd/hdd do you have?

Jun 26, 2019
I installed the new RAM, still getting same BSoD.

I followed your steps to a T and my issue still persists. My HDD is a WD Black 1 TB 7200RPM. I also have a 500GB SSD that I play some games from. Funny thing I was installing Battlefield 5 overnight and woke up to this problem.

Is there anything else I can do?

Jun 26, 2019
brand new motherboard normally doesn't need anything changed on it to boot off the USB

try this
1. Put USB in a slot on back
in boot order in the bios, make sure the boot drive is 1st in the order,
and when you want to boot off USB, put it in PC, and
in the Save & Exit screen, under Boot Override, choose the USB from this list and the PC should boot off it, not the normal boot drive

2. if that doesn't work, see below
look on boot tab in bios
check if fast boot is disabled (this is default setting)
under windows 8/10 features on same tab
is CSM support set to enabled? This is default) set it to disabled
with it disabled, under Secure boot, set it to disabled

with fast boot and secure boot off, there should be no reason you can't boot off USB
repeat step 1 again

what ssd/hdd do you have?

Only thing I can think of is trying a brand new drive? CPU, GPU, PSU?