Windows 10 BSODs

Chromiumed

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
I built my computer Tuesday, and have gotten hanging, freezing, BSODs, and crashes about twice everyday. The BSOD errors that I got were PAGE_FAULT_IN_UNPAGED_AREA, BAD_POOL_HEADER (waking from sleep once), and VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (Twice and most recent). My most recent crash was the strangest of them all though, I opened File Explorer, and it opened a solid white window with a black bar at the top. Once I moved my mouse on it, my computer slowed down a lot, then I dragged the mouse quickly off of it and clicked on the Chrome tab behind it, and everything ran fine, until I tried to peek at the File Explorer window by hovering over it in the task bar, then the screen flashed a pinkish white static a few times and crashed with no BSOD. I really don't know what is going on with it. I'm starting to lean towards a Windows corruption over hardware failure after the last crash. I've performed memtest86 (only with BOTH sticks installed), chkdsk, HDD scans, virus scans, and some more things with no errors. I also didn't get my first BSOD until I updated my graphics drivers, but I was getting freezing, hanging, and crashes before updating. I have not messed with the BIOS in anyway except to check temps after the crashes, which are fine. Also, I don't overclock any of my components. I have not tried refreshing/restoring Windows yet, as I'm going to do that when I have a little time on my hands. What do you think could be causing this?

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i3 6100

MOBO: MSI B150 CSM-PRO-VDH

GPU: PowerColor Red Devil RX 470

PSU: EVGA 500B (80+ Bronze)

RAM: Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz (2 x 4GB)

HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB

Colif

Win 11 Master
they both look like driver errors, I could guess the Video TDR Failure is caused by atikmdag but we will check

Can you download and run who crashed: http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed
it will create a summary of the errors and might show a driver name for both

copy/paste results in here and I see what I can do

Can you also follow option one here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-bsod-minidump-configure-create-windows-10-a.html
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c/windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

I can't read dumps but can help with who crashed :)

Chromiumed

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016

Huh... Its been outputting the error on the ones without BSODs too. Reinstall graphics drivers, and maybe follow this guide, but with atikmpag instead of atikmdag if update doesn't fix it, right?

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1656824/atikmdag-sys-error-bsod-startup.html

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sun 1/1/2017 8:24:17 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010117-16546-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmpag.sys (atikmpag+0xF284)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFF958BE6534010, 0xFFFFF80EFB5DF284, 0x0, 0xD)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0309792.inf_amd64_16fba8c07200efae\atikmpag.sys
product: AMD driver
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmpag.sys (AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

On Sun 1/1/2017 8:24:17 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmpag.sys (0xFFFFF80EFB5DF284)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFF958BE6534010, 0xFFFFF80EFB5DF284, 0x0, 0xD)
file path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0309792.inf_amd64_16fba8c07200efae\atikmpag.sys
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmpag.sys (AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).

On Sun 1/1/2017 8:11:01 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010117-16421-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmpag.sys (atikmpag+0xF284)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFB10BF070A010, 0xFFFFF80E7D33F284, 0x0, 0xD)

On Sun 1/1/2017 7:56:30 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010117-17953-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFD3894916B010, 0xFFFFF804C2BEF284, 0x0, 0xD)

On Sun 1/1/2017 1:57:26 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010117-14906-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFC38DF32374A0, 0xFFFFF800EAE3F284, 0x0, 0xD)

TRENDING THREADS