[SOLVED] [Windows 10] Can you change the storage drive of the recycle bin?

Forfex

Prominent
Oct 7, 2021
I have currently two ssds and a hard disk in my pc. The recycle bin is now on the C drive, on which windows 10 is installed, but I would like to move it to the E: drive, which is the hard disk drive. Can I do it?

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

FYI, each drive is allocated at least 10% of the drives capacity for Recycle Bin. That %age was for Windows 7. For Windows 10, each drive has it's own recycle bin allocation meaning you can't just throw C drive's recycle bin allocation over to another drive. You can right click on Recycle Bin, on your desktop, then go to Properties and you'll see the allocation for each drive.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
The recycle bin isn't actually a physical location where deleted files are moved to. If you have three different drives and delete things from all three drives and open the Recycle Bin, all those files are still on their original drives. They're just labeled as pending file delete in the master file table.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

FYI, each drive is allocated at least 10% of the drives capacity for Recycle Bin. That %age was for Windows 7. For Windows 10, each drive has it's own recycle bin allocation meaning you can't just throw C drive's recycle bin allocation over to another drive. You can right click on Recycle Bin, on your desktop, then go to Properties and you'll see the allocation for each drive.

Solution