Windows 10 can't recover

User00123

Commendable
Jan 9, 2017
Well I could once recover using the recovery tool installed in windows 10. But now I can't. It keeps telling me that there were a failure and the recover stoped...

This is just one of the many things you need to make full system backups for, so you can restore from a backup when you need to.
There are a number of things that cause a computer to become unusable so it’s a very good idea to make full system backups. Some of the things that can cause this to happen are:
• Your hard drive can fail.
• Your system becomes infected by a virus.
• You accidently install a faulty program.
• Your computer gets powered off without going through a normal shutdown.
There are numerous others, but you get the idea.
Depending on how much of your C: drive is being used and what kind of device your C: drive resides on, the time this takes can vary greatly. To give you an idea, here are some actual timings:
• 50 GB SSD desktop to USB 3 hard drive took 8 minutes.
• 88 GB laptop (5400 rpm) to USB 3 hard drive took 21 min., 11 seconds.
• 205 GB desktop (7200 rpm) to USB 3 took 77 minutes.
As you can see, there’s a wide degree of variation depending on what kind of C: drive you have and how many GB of data you’re backing up.
So what do you need to have for accomplishing this? First you need a good backup/restore program. There are many free ones, but the two recommended here are:
1. Macrium Reflect (download from http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx)
2. Easeus Todo Backup (download from http://www.easeus.com/download/tbf-download.html).
Both of the above are free for non-commercial use and can be easily downloaded and installed. They both can create a recovery CD or flash drive you can boot from to restore your C: drive in case your computer becomes inoperative. Both of these programs can be set up to do everything automatically at a time when you’re not using the computer.
The other thing you need is an external hard drive to put the backups on. You can buy 1 TB USB 3 external drives for around $50 to $60. These should be fine for most people. If you have more than 250 GB of used space on your C: drive, you should consider a larger capacity drive, but the great majority of people can get by with the 1 TB models.
Doing this can save you a lot of grief and expense when the inevitable