Question Windows 10 Clean Install

Mar 18, 2020
I have a Dell XPS 750 - i7 Desktop running Vista 64 bit Home Premium SP2. I wish to wipe it away and install a clean Windows 10 Professional. My Desktop does not have a USB Boot Option. I would like to get a supported Microsoft Version. I don't want to have to upgrade to Windows 7 and upgrade again to Windows 10. Do I have to download an OEM version (ISO) and burn that into a DVD? Will it boot if it sees that another operating system is installed? Should I shop at NewEgg?

Mar 18, 2020
I have a Dell XPS 750 - i7 Desktop running Vista 64 bit Home Premium SP2. I wish to wipe it away and install a clean Windows 10 Professional. My Desktop does not have a USB Boot Option. I would like to get a supported Microsoft Version. I don't want to have to upgrade to Windows 7 and upgrade again to Windows 10. Do I have to download an OEM version (ISO) and burn that into a DVD? Will it boot if it sees that another operating system is installed? Should I shop at NewEgg?

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
You can create your own Win 10 DVD, here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

There is no Upgrade from Vista to 10, either the install OR the license.
So you'll have to purchase a valid Win 10 license for this.

Once you have your DVD created, this:

Vista was offered in 2007-era as I recall...; it is hard to imagine any computer from that era even coming with but 512 MB - 1 GB of RAM, etc....

Win10 will likely range from unsatisfactory to pathetic in user experience...(if such old laptops are capable of installing it)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS