Windows 10 clean installation hanging on splash screen

RedmondBarry

Commendable
Jul 31, 2016
Hello,
Recently I downloaded an updated driver for my graphics card in my custom built machine. I then rebooted as was instructed and the computer went into an endless boot loop. At the time it did not occur to me that the graphics card driver may have done this because it was rather late at night.

I didnt have anything important on the computer so I just decided after a few hours that I was going to do a clean install of Windows 10 using my USB. Unfortunately, the installation hanged at the very first splash screen with the four blue boxes and the moving dots after I selected 64 bit. I tried it again a few times, but to no avail. I then got into safe mode using the F8 menu but when I deleted all my partitions and tried to install from there, it once again hung on the first splash screen after the "windows must restart to complete installation" screen. Sometimes it gets stuck at the mobo splash screen, but most of the time it's on the windows logo.

I have occasionally gotten a blue screen with error code 0xc0000001 when I tried to boot from my SSD to see what it would do, but I have no idea how this is helpful if at all. Most of the time, it also hangs at the splash screen.

My computer has:
-i7 5820k
-GTX 980
-Samsung Pro SSD
-16 gb ddr4
-Gigabyte X99 SLI mobo
-AIO water cooling loop

I have tried:

-reseating ram
-reconnecting SSD/using different ports and wires
-using a different USB drive with media downloaded off microsoft website (first one came in box)
-using command prompt to check disk (no errors)
-running a memtest (no errors)
-disconnecting my fancy keyboard and mouse and using old crappy ones I had before
-Called Microsoft support - least useful action of all
-removed CMOS battery and reset bios defaults

I am currently at my wits end and would appreciate any sort of help, even if it's to pat me on the back and tell me I did my best. It was playing counterstrike literally yesterday, and now I can't even get into windows installation.

Solution
not sure if this helps

So I fixed my issue, by updating my bios to the latest version which was version: f4b
I then used a windows install cd instead of a usb as a boot disk and disconnected all of my sata peripherals except my cd drive, I was then able to get to the windows install and used shift+f10 to enter admin cmd promt and used the "diskpart" command then the "list disk" and "select disk" commands then the "clear" command to clear the ssd hard drive, I was then able to install windows to the drive, I hope this helps anyone else who has the same issue.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2858200/installing-samsung-950-pro-ssd-gigabyte-gaming-mobo.html

Colif

Win 11 Master
not sure if this helps

So I fixed my issue, by updating my bios to the latest version which was version: f4b
I then used a windows install cd instead of a usb as a boot disk and disconnected all of my sata peripherals except my cd drive, I was then able to get to the windows install and used shift+f10 to enter admin cmd promt and used the "diskpart" command then the "list disk" and "select disk" commands then the "clear" command to clear the ssd hard drive, I was then able to install windows to the drive, I hope this helps anyone else who has the same issue.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2858200/installing-samsung-950-pro-ssd-gigabyte-gaming-mobo.html

Solution