Question Windows 10 Common problem:Freezing

Steliosem06

Prominent
Apr 9, 2019
Hi,
So I installed windows 10 on my pc about a day ago,(with a lot of problems on the way)and now that im up and running,they seem to completely freeze (pc needs a restart in order to fix it)whenever im downloading or installing something.So it no question that the problem is on the HDD.Well,I did the /sfc /scannow command,and yes,it did say that there are some corrupted files,but,no matter what way I tried to fix those corrupted files (commands,programs etc)nothing worked!I did everything,and nothing has changed.And yes,all the drivers are up to date and the HDD health is at a solid 100%.My pc didnt do this kind of stuff with windows 7,so its definetely not a hardware problem (I hope).So,what do you think I should do?

P.S:Sometimes my pc freezes even when im not downloading/installing files,when playing a game usually.

Steliosem06

Prominent
Apr 9, 2019
Oh god,I cant do this anymore.My 2008 PC had windows 10 on it and it worked PERFECTLY.Now,with a motherboard from 2011,I've been desperately trying to install them but nothing.Yes.I've posted a topic about this before,but no one had anything to say.Now,Im posting on the motherboard's forum if you if you guys know anything.I have, a GA-Z68P-DS3 Ver.2.0 and everytime I try to install windows 10 I have problems.I've tried every single way of putting windows 10 on my pc,and sometimes it doesnt do anything at all,and other times it works,but I keeps restarting and putting me back at the beggining.And if I actually succesfully install widows 10 on my pc,it completely freezes,and I have to restart the system.It does that all the time.My bios is up to date,and i've tried multiple HDD's and SSD''s.Oh,and also everytime I do a a disk check on command prompt,it says that there are corrupted files,and that Windows couldnt fix them.Windows 7 worked perfectly on this computer,and even linux.Should I just change my motherboard?Whats's wrong with my pc?

So, are you saying you fist loaded Windows 7 on the computer using the new (2011) motherboard (as you did with the 2008 motherboard) than tried to load Windows 10? or did have you only tried to load Windows 10 with the new MB? If Windows 7 worked with the new motherboard, than it is likely there is a Windows 10 driver is corrupted (it could be the right driver, but damaged). If you have only tried Windows 10, than you may want to replace the 2011 MB.

Last edited:

Steliosem06

Prominent
Apr 9, 2019
So, are you saying you fist loaded Windows 7 on the computer using the new (2011) motherboard (as you did with the 2008 motherboard) than tried to load Windows 10? or did have you only tried to load Windows 10 with the new MB? If Windows 7 worked with the new motherboard, than it is likely there is a Windows 10 driver is corrupted (it could be the right driver, but damaged). If you have only tried Windows 10, than you may want to replace the 2011 MB.
I've tried both windows 7 and windows 10 on this (2011) motherboard,windows 7 worked without any problems.I've tried multiple windows 10 installations and all of them had the same problem.I used Rufus to install them and I also tried to install them via cd once.Could it be that Im using rufus?Is it corrupting my files?.By the way,what's a windows 10 driver?

A driver is bridge between your hardware and Windows 10, that tells the device (many times a computer chip), how to operate; every hardware device has it's own driver. Many of the drivers are supplied by Windows, but there are also hardware manufacturers, such as graphics boards (GPU ) that supply their own drivers. A damage, corrupted or simply the wrong driver can casue Windows to become unstable and result in a myriad of problems.

There have also been a lot of complaints that Windows install discs made with Rufus, often do not work. Further, with older systems, ie 2011 motherboards, using a CD/DVD to load Windows works much better than a USB. You can down load the most recent version of Windows, with what is called Windows Creation Media. https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/ Follow the directions and choose to download an ISO, and then burn the ISO to a disc..

Last edited:

Steliosem06

Prominent
Apr 9, 2019
A driver is bridge between your hardware and Windows 10, that tells the device (many times a computer chip), how to operate; every hardware device has it's own driver. Many of the drivers are supplied by Windows, but there are also hardware manufacturers, such as graphics boards (GPU ) that supply their own drivers. A damage, corrupted or simply the wrong driver can casue Windows to become unstable and result in a myriad of problems.

There have also been a lot of complaints that Windows install discs made with Rufus, often do not work. Further, with older systems, ie 2011 motherboards, using a CD/DVD to load Windows works much better than a USB. You can down load the most recent version of Windows, with what is called Windows Creation Media. https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/ Follow the directions and choose to download an ISO, and then burn the ISO to a disc..
Well,like I said I tried an Windows 10 installation cd and it didnt work.And I know for a fact that it was because it was scratched that I couldnt finish the installation properly.So,I will try your suggestion with another disc,hope it helps.

Steliosem06

Prominent
Apr 9, 2019

Well,like I said I tried an Windows 10 installation cd and it didnt work.And I know for a fact that it was because it was scratched that I couldnt finish the installation properly.So,I will try your suggestion with another disc,hope it helps.
Well...It didnt work.Im just going to get a new motherboard.I wont even sell the one I have,I dont want people to get through all this.Anyway,I made ISOs from multiple pc's that had windows 10,burned them on multiple DVDs installed windows (again,with many problems on the way)and it still frozed.But..wait,could it be a hardware problem?