Windows 10 compatibility athlon 64 X2

longlines

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
Ok i have to repair an old HP Compaq pc that AMD Athlon 64 X2 cpu,will it work?and yeah these are the specs:

cpu:AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.30Ghz(90nm Toledo-based cpu)
mobo:Some Random HP proprietary motherboard
RAM:1GB DRR2 ???Mhz from somewere
GPU:AMD Radeon HD 6450 OR AMD Radeon HD 5450(unsure,i surely know it's form Sapphire)
PC Model:HP Compaq dc5750 Microtower

Solution

Probably because Windows 10 drivers don't exist for hardware this old. Support for this stopped back in the XP days. Face it. Some hardware (though still working) just can't be brought forward. I've got a couple of boxes full of working, but outdated hardware.

See if you can identify the chip on the card and check the chip manufacturer's web site to see if a newer driver exists.

-Wolf sends

longlines

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016

i verified AN YEAH it has radeon hd 5450,i'm writing this on the machine that i'm talking about an it works,the issue being that hp put an ESS 1938-4CH sound card THAT IS ANCIENT(I MEAN WIN 9x DAYS)

longlines

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016

windows 10 doesn't comsume 1gb all the time and also the requirments say not how much hardware power it will need to run but recomandations for a computer to run on,someone used windows 10 on 512MB of ram,so yeaaah

longlines

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016

yes it does

longlines

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
yeah new here's another problem,i installed successfully win10 64-bit but now I need sound drivers,the sound card is a ESS ES1938-4CH AND I CAN'T FIND DRIVERS FOR IT

Wolfshadw

Titan

Probably because Windows 10 drivers don't exist for hardware this old. Support for this stopped back in the XP days. Face it. Some hardware (though still working) just can't be brought forward. I've got a couple of boxes full of working, but outdated hardware.

See if you can identify the chip on the card and check the chip manufacturer's web site to see if a newer driver exists.

-Wolf sends

Solution