Question Windows 10 compatibility issue

HiteshC

Reputable
Jun 11, 2016
I have just added zotac 1660 ti to my build(Intel DH87RL) but I am unable to install the driver.

I have tried following steps too :

after a fresh windows install (probably not needed for you)
Step 1: Download the nvidia driver u want to use and download DDU*
Step 2: Use DDU to remove the display driver
Step 3: Unplug your ethernet cable as your pc is restarting after u did step 2. (this is to prevent windows to install any other display drivers after the restart)
Step 4: Install the Nvidia driver with the installer u got at step 1.
Step 5: U can plug in your ethernet cable again and continue with the newest nvidia driver

Please advise how can I fix this issue after everything I have tried.

I have just added zotac 1660 ti to my build(Intel DH87RL) but I am unable to install the driver.

Step 5: U can plug in your ethernet cable again and continue with the newest nvidia driver

Those 2 points are a bit contradictory. Before you said that you cannot install the drivers, but in STEP 5 it works ? A bit confusing. What's the exact problem or ERROR message you get when you install the GPU drivers ? What's the exact Model number/brand of your current GPU ?

Can you post a GPU-Z screenshot ? https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

HiteshC

Reputable
Jun 11, 2016
Let me clear out things here and I apologize if these caused any confusion:

The steps I posted in my former most post is related to what I have already done.

Yes I tried installing but the error message was 'Nvidia not compatible with windows' this was downloaded from zotac website.

Here is my gpu - Zotac 1660 ti 6GB GDDR6 ZT-T16610F-10L.

Unfortunately I cannot share gpuz screenshot and I am sorry for that.

HiteshC

Reputable
Jun 11, 2016
Yes I tried installing but the error message was 'Nvidia not compatible with windows' this was downloaded from zotac website.

OKAY. Don't worry much. Maybe try doing a FRESH Windows OS re-install ?? For the above error, just make sure you are installing the GAME ready drivers/GRD, and not the Creator version/CRD. Also, there are 2 driver types, DCH and Standard. Which one did you install ?

DCH drivers cannot be installed over Standard Drivers, and Standard Drivers cannot be installed over DCH Drivers. The choice must be made after a cleaning via DDU.

To check which display driver type you need, right-click over the Windows desktop -> select NVIDIA Control Panel -> click on the System Information link on the bottom left hand corner of the NVIDIA Control Panel -> look at text that follows “Driver Type”. You should see one of the following : DCH or Standard, assuming you are able to install the drivers.

Also, make sure you are installing the correct driver version as well, i.e 64-bit if using a 64-bit OS, and not 32-bit.

HiteshC

Reputable
Jun 11, 2016
Yeah 64 bit one was downloaded only.

I didn't knew about DCH or standard thingy, thank you for this valuable information bud.

GRD & CRD seems new too as I ain't aware of that.

I will check these two after fresh OS install and get back to you.

Thank you once again for your time and efforts in getting this fixed.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

TRENDING THREADS