Windows 10 Computer No Longer Successfully Boots

wwwJeremy

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
My windows 10 computer no longer boots up normally. I just get stuck at logo screen and the loading animation freezes. No amount of waiting gets past this, I tried waiting for hours. Sometimes when I try to boot up my computer automatically restarts its self like if it catches itself about to fail, but other times it just gets stuck and nothing happens.

I have tried everything in my knowledge to fix this. I rebooted 3 times to get to advanced start up options, then tried the Start Up Repair, Start Up Repair failed even though I've tried over 3 times. Then I moved on to try to restore to a previous point. This also failed and gave me a notification saying it did not do anything and rolled back all progress that had been made. So after this I tried to boot into safe mode and run my anti virus software to see if that was a problem. I ran it all found no viruses or anything, I ran Windows Defender Full Scan and Anti Malwarebytes Threat Scan. After this I unplugged everything from my computer, everything except my keyboard. I unplugged my network card and graphics card, one of my monitors, my mouse, and my speakers. Tried to boot up, same results as before, a frozen start up screen. The only thing I did not try was to Reset my Computer as I do not wish to lose all my files, and the option that said reinstall windows but keep files told me that all my apps that are not preinstalled were going to be uninstalled, I do not wish to have to reinstall all of my programs either, I don't want to go hunting for cd's and product keys, if you could help me out would be amazing.

Just for extra information, maybe it will help, here are my computer specs.
MSI Military Class 4 B85M-G43 Motherboard LGA1150
Intel i5-4460 3.20 GHz LGA1150 Overclocked 4.0 GHz ( Turned off Overclock for trying to repair this problem )
GTX 650 Graphics Card ( Place Holder Card, I switched out my GTX970, don't want it to corrupt or anything in trying to fix this )
Netgear 5/2.4Hz Network Card and Third Party Super Strength Antennas attached to it.
WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD
Standard Dell Mouse and Keyboard that came with my moms computer a few months ago.
Stereo Speakers setup
2 100Hz Acer Monitors

Please help me, I cannot find a solution anywhere I look. I have tried Everything I know.

wwwJeremy

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015

Thanks for the quick reply. And I have tried this multiple times. I tried last known good config points ranging from 3 days ago to about 2 weeks ago. Everytime it fails and rolls back any progress made.

wwwJeremy

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015

Oh okay I see what you mean, I'll try that now and bring back the results as soon as their done.

wwwJeremy

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015

I am looking for last known good configuration that you are talking about but I cannot find it.

Here is what I see

Startup Settings
1) Enable debugging
2) Enable boot logging
3) Enable low-resolution video
4) Enable safe mode
5) Enable safe mode with Networking
6) Enable safe mode with command prompt
7) Disable driver signature enforcement
8) Disable early launch anti-malware protection
9) Disable automatic restart after failure

F10 for more Options
1) Launch recover environment

I don't see anything about last known good configuration, the F10 option brings me back to The advanced start up options menu.

My bad, it's not there, your running Windows 10. Windows 10 has had numerous troubles with forced updates installing borked updates and drivers. It's happened to me. I fixed mine by restoring a system image. I'll let some else chime in if there is another way to resolve it without reinstalling Windows.

wwwJeremy

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015

I'm actually just going to reset, ill slave my drive to some other something idk, and I'll reset. I just wanna use my pc again already. But thanks for your help. You answered a lot quicker then the Microsoft community. I put up my post yesterday and they still haven't replied. Microsoft needs to fix this update corruption thing, its a really annoying problem.

wwwJeremy

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
So it turns out that it was not the OS that was the problem it was my top PCI-E slot. For some reason it was not letting video pass through the top port, it happened immediately after a windows update though so it looked like an OS problem. But I'm pretty sure this happened as a result of the Update, i don't know how but it did.