[SOLVED] Windows 10 crash. Errorcode Critical_Process_Died

patkanorbert

Reputable
Oct 20, 2017
Hi guys, today I found myself covered in blue screens of death. For first, I thought, that my almost new (2 months old) Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD died, because the Windows Automatic Repair started the disk repair. And it did absolutely nothing. So, I downloaded fast HD Sentinel, which said, that the hard drive is on 100% health, and has no problems. But on Task Manager I can see, that it always runs at 100%, so something is forcing it. My first thought was, that maybe it could be a Windows bug or something. I formated it, and I installed on it Ubuntu. And, on Ubuntu i can't hear any clicking noises, and the hard drive is working stable, on a 5% idle, and 70% while I do somethig. It's my only hard drive, so the system and programs are installed on it. After I saw that the hard drive is working properly I formated it again, and installed Windows 10 again. And the system crashes are back, and the hard drive is always on 100% and is making clicking noises. Can someone provide me any tips or the best is to buy a new HDD?
PS: I forgot to mention, that on ubuntu I didn't made any partitions, because I didn't knew how to, but on windows I made 2 partitions, one for Windows, and allocated 300 gigs for it, and one for games, programs etc. with 680 gigs allocated. Can the two partitions be the reason why the hard drive is on 100% load?

patkanorbert

Reputable
Oct 20, 2017
It is a Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm 1TB, But, I tried to install an earlier update of windows, not the newest, and the clicking noises are gone, the HDD works properly, no crash after a 2 hour heavy workload. I think it was a bug on windows or something that messed with the hdd.