Dec 27, 2020
Hi all.

So I've build a brand new machine recently who faced a couple of problems (here) but I though the hard part was way behind.

Yesterday I was playing Star Citizen then Gang Beast for almost 2 or 3 hours straight, no problem.

Today I was willing to play Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice but it turned out that the PC crashed completly after let's say 30 min of gaming.
I start again, I succeed to go a bit further, boom, new BSOD.
I went to the event viewer, thought it was due to a software from Gigabyte suite (OC utility or something like that) so I uninstalled it.
And I told myself it may come from the game so I tried with Horizon Zero Dawn: the same crash after 10 to 15 minutes of game, near the begining, when an auto-save appears.

So... I'm telling myself I done bad things with Windows so I reset factory settings in the BIOS, change just the thing I'm sure of what they'll do (PBO Off, CPPC/Prefrerred Core enabled, SATA hot plug disabled,...) and I go for a new install.
Same test pattern with Hellblade, with just the needed driver: BSOD even quicker, just after the end of the intro.

I'm lost and getting really tired of that. Never had such a difficult build before.
Never had this BSOD in idle, browsing the internet.

Here is the set up:
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master (BIOS f31q)
Ryzen 9 5950x
Fractal Design Celsius + 36 Prisma
RTX 3090 FE
G.Skill Trident Neo 4x16 @3600
Corsair AX1000
OS drive SAMSUNG 980 Pro 250 Go
Game drive SAMSUNG 980 Pro 1To
Data drive 2X Toshiba 3To 7200 RPM (in mirror using the Windows in the control panel)
Dual monitor set up (1920X1080 @ 144Hz + 3840X2160 @ 144Hz LG 27GN950)

I had HWinfo opened up at the same time to check temp, the CPU was around 70 and the chipset around 65 degrees celsius.
And I did a screenshot of the event viewer, if this can help: Event Viewer Log

Thanks. A lot...

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS