Question Windows 10 crash

badpcguy

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017
So ever since my pc has been upgraded to 16gb of ram it seems to be crashing every now and then. I replace an old ram and it didnt fix it. but when i run my pc only 8gb of ram it works and i tested both stick seem to be working fine.

badpcguy

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017
List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Since you mention doing a ram upgrade, did you mix and match or is it the same exact stick of ram only in dual channel? Which slots have you populated both sticks of ram?
i5-7600k
msi z270 a-pro
Crucial 8GB DDR4 2400 mhz
seagate barracuda 2 tb
seagate barracuda 1 tb
sandisk ssd plus 120 gb
nvidia gtx 1060 6gb
amd rx 480
EVGA 100-br-0500-k1 500W
Nzxt H500
windows 10 home

I have the exact same ram and from left to right 2 and 4th sloth populated

badpcguy

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017
Was your RAM purchased as a Dual Channel set (both sticks packaged in the same package) or were they purchased separately? It does make a difference.
Desperate but one thing I also forgot to mention was I used this exact same thing on a dell computer and it worked fine but once I built my custom then all that started to happen

Desperate but one thing I also forgot to mention was I used this exact same thing on a dell computer and it worked fine but once I built my custom then all that started to happen
Just because it worked on one machine does not mean that it will work on another. There's a reason dual (or quad) channel RAM is sold in matched sets. Even so called identical components aren't.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS