Question Windows 10 crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

badpcguy

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
So ever since my pc has been upgraded to 16gb of ram it seems to be crashing every now and then. I replace an old ram and it didnt fix it. but when i run my pc only 8gb of ram it works and i tested both stick seem to be working fine.

Lutfij

Titan
List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Since you mention doing a ram upgrade, did you mix and match or is it the same exact stick of ram only in dual channel? Which slots have you populated both sticks of ram?

badpcguy

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Since you mention doing a ram upgrade, did you mix and match or is it the same exact stick of ram only in dual channel? Which slots have you populated both sticks of ram?
i5-7600k
msi z270 a-pro
Crucial 8GB DDR4 2400 mhz
seagate barracuda 2 tb
seagate barracuda 1 tb
sandisk ssd plus 120 gb
nvidia gtx 1060 6gb
amd rx 480
EVGA 100-br-0500-k1 500W
Nzxt H500
windows 10 home

I have the exact same ram and from left to right 2 and 4th sloth populated

badpcguy

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
Was your RAM purchased as a Dual Channel set (both sticks packaged in the same package) or were they purchased separately? It does make a difference.
Desperate but one thing I also forgot to mention was I used this exact same thing on a dell computer and it worked fine but once I built my custom then all that started to happen

Desperate but one thing I also forgot to mention was I used this exact same thing on a dell computer and it worked fine but once I built my custom then all that started to happen
Just because it worked on one machine does not mean that it will work on another. There's a reason dual (or quad) channel RAM is sold in matched sets. Even so called identical components aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.