[SOLVED] Windows 10 crashes 1 to 2 times a day Event ID 6008 & 41

Apr 13, 2022
These aren't shut downs, these are blue screens. I've reinstalled windows 10. I've done a memory test and botch of my sticks passed. I've done an Intel Processor diagnostics test which also passed. I've done the "sfc /scannow" command after every crash and it always says there was corruption afterwards and it has fixed it. I've checked my drivers

The Event Viewer isn't telling me much and I don't know what to do. I really don't want to have to buy a new PC

Solution
if they are BSOD

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
the 2 events just signal an unexpected restart...

Colif

Win 11 Master
if they are BSOD

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
the 2 events just signal an unexpected restart. they aren't the cause, they are reactions.

What are specs of the PC?

Solution
Apr 13, 2022
Okay so I set that up, but I appear to have a dump file from yesterday? Do you want be to upload that too?

Here are the specs:

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 @ 3.90GHz 31 °C
Skylake Technology
RAM
32.0GB
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX B560-I GAMING WIFI (LGA1200) 31 °C
Graphics
DELL S2421HS (1920x1080@60Hz)
DELL S2421HS (1920x1080@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (EVGA) 33 °C
Storage
1907GB T-FORCE TM8FP8002T (Unknown (SSD))
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio

These aren't shut downs, these are blue screens. I've reinstalled windows 10. I've done a memory test and botch of my sticks passed. I've done an Intel Processor diagnostics test which also passed. I've done the "sfc /scannow" command after every crash and it always says there was corruption afterwards and it has fixed it. I've checked my drivers

The Event Viewer isn't telling me much and I don't know what to do. I really don't want to have to buy a new PC
Download this.
UBM

Reboot and wait a few mins.
Then run UBM with the browser closed.
Post a LINK to the results page.

It may show something or not.

Apr 13, 2022
if they are BSOD

the 2 events just signal an unexpected restart. they aren't the cause, they are reactions.

What are specs of the PC?
I had another crash, but no minidump file was created from it. I double checked that I set it up correct and I did. Does that mean anything?

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/tkwognqs/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:041222-10640-01.dmp (Apr 12 2022 - 14:11:07)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007E)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: csrss.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 21 Hour(s), 48 Min(s), and 00 Sec(s)

The nvlddmkm.sys file is a NVIDIA graphics card driver. There are a few things you can do to fix this problem. First off, try a full uninstall using DDU in Safe Mode then re-install the driver (more information). Or try getting the latest version of the driver. Or try one of the 3 most recent drivers released by NVIDIA. Drivers can be found here: http://www.nvidia.com/ or you can allow Windows Update to download the driver for you, which might be a older/better version.

Possible Motherboard page: https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b560-i-gaming-wifi-model/
There are BIOS updates available for your system. You are using version 503. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Apr 13, 2022
crash is blaming Nvidia drivers but I wonder if
Jan 19 2020MsIo64.sysMSI Gaming App driver
had anything to do with it.
Why is that on PC when you have a EVGA GPU & Asus Motherboard? I don't think its part of Afterburner.
https://www.msi.com/blog/msi-gaming-app-article

You might want to update/reemove it as your Nvidia drivers are brand new
Mar 17 2022nvlddmkm.sysNvidia Graphics Card driver http://www.nvidia.com/
or pretty close.
It was on the driver and utilites CD that came with the motherboard. I don't know if it would still be there after the windows 10 reinstall though. Either way it was till crashing after the reinstall.

Apr 13, 2022
The nvlddmkm.sys file is a NVIDIA graphics card driver. There are a few things you can do to fix this problem. First off, try a full uninstall using DDU in Safe Mode then re-install the driver (more information). Or try getting the latest version of the driver. Or try one of the 3 most recent drivers released by NVIDIA. Drivers can be found here: http://www.nvidia.com/ or you can allow Windows Update to download the driver for you, which might be a older/better version.

Possible Motherboard page: https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b560-i-gaming-wifi-model/
There are BIOS updates available for your system. You are using version 503. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.
I use Driver Easy and have been keeping my drivers up to date always though? There isn't a new driver available for my RTX 2060.

gardenman

Splendid
If you read everything that paragraph says, I'm basically saying "Try a different version of the driver". A slightly older version is fine. Even a really old one from Windows Update might help. Be sure to use DDU in Safe mode first to remove the old one. Then install a different one back in normal mode.

I recommend that you remove Driver Easy. That may very well be what started this issue for you. Such driver updates can choose incorrect drivers, and update drivers when it's not needed. Just because you have a "newer" driver, doesn't necessarily mean it is a better driver than the previous version. New drivers can have bugs that a previous driver didn't. Otherwise saying: Remove Driver Easy and don't use driver updaters from this point on. You want to update a driver for 2 reasons: #1. You are having issues with a piece of hardware or software that uses a driver or #2. You have a new game can that take advantage of a new GPU driver.

Colif

Win 11 Master
#2. You have a new game can that take advantage of a new GPU driver.
and your GPU has been released in the last 3 years. 2060 has but only just now... since they re releasing them you should be fine.

Have you had an MSI motherboard before? i don't know why it would be on a Asus CD.
CD's that come with hardware really aren't needed anymore. You far better go to website of hardware and get the new drivers instead of use anything on the CD as you have no idea how old it is.

I would take MSI Gaming App off anyway and see if that helps.