Windows 10 crashes and reboots with error 0x000000ea

Drake_Paul

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
Hello,everyone! I've done a clean install of a Windows 10 Pro 64 bits and since then i've been having BSODs with the error 0x000000ea (Thread stuck in device driver).It Always happens when playing a modern game like GTA V for some time,doesn't occur if the computer is left idle for many hours.I tried everything suggested on this site: uninstall,clean uninstalls,reboots,reverting drivers...none of that worked.I ran out of options here,i'm posting a link to the mindumps Windows saved from those erros so that someone can see them and figure something:

http://mega.nz/#!r0dknDbC!qRAr364G15e2SVKNuw3XfmhhuJhO-jzJK1KBYqOaNWE

http://mega.nz/#!ylllWTSb!CkpJXlckuB3bqVom_3OqfxnO8PNRD1bEhyeYF0Dj2Og

Here are my PC specs:
AMD A10 7860K 3,6GHz
ASRock FM2A55M-HD+ R2.0
8GB RAM (4+4) Dual Channel
HD Toshiba 1TB
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits updated
Corsair CX-500W PSU

Any help would be much appreciated.I don't want to have to do a clean install again,everything is so new and the new Windows 10 updates and drivers really improved the vídeo quality.But one can't trust a faulty vídeo driver or whatever is causing this.Please help me!

Drake_Paul

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
Paul NZ,thank you very much for replying so fast! Isn't there another solution? I don't want to uninstall Kaspersky,it's a great security suíte and always protected my PC for years without causing any issues.Hmmm,does it work if i turn it off when i'm running GTA V,for example? Is there something i can do about the drivers,i tried updating them from AMD but didn't work well.

video drivers can be buggy. Nvidia drivers are worse than the AMD drivers. It doesnt matter version you install

They'll either stop responding, makes the screen goes back. Or screw things up totally

Keep kaspersky if you want but if it crashes again (if the video drivers dont) thats probably the cause

I have no idea. I've never installed 3rd party firewalls etc. Most of them crash sooner or later.

I'll just stick to windows defender. Never had a prob with it or malware

Whatever the brand/model of the video card is go to their site. Even if theyre not the latest, they maybe stable

Drake_Paul

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
Hello,Paul!
So,Nvidia is even worse than the AMD ones? Thanks for the warning! Saved me a lot of money.
Kaspersky has an option to deactivate some of its services when gaming,i'll try to use this and see if it works.Otherwise i'm gonna just turn it off altogether when playing games.Can i really trust Windows Defender? Oh,and is AMD actually doing something to improve their drivers? Their support was ineffective to me.I wish i could read those minidumps,they must tell quite a history...

Drake_Paul

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
Paul,thank you once again! I downloaded and ran Bluescreenview and figured it was the atikmdag.sys driver that caused all the crashes.Like you said,it seems to be making dxgkrnl.sys crashing too.Any ideas on how to handle those two? I read some posts here in Tom's of people having BSODs with that same atikmdag.sys driver.Do you think i should try any of those solutions?

Drake_Paul

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
Hey,Paul!

Thank god you're back! I don't know what to do anymore,if i should replace atikmdag.sys for the one on the AMD folder or if i should uninstall the current driver and install an older version i got from the website.What do you think? Ah,it's almost a day and no crashes.I didn't play any games,only internet surfing and basic tasks.Issues only happen when playing GTA V right now.

Install an older version. Dont replace files. Uninstall whats installed now then run ddu uninstaller in safe mode to remove all of it

Then reboot then try and find an older version. As above if the videocard is a brand like ASUS or whatever try the drivers from their site

Drake_Paul

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
Yes i'll do that,thank you! Err,i'm using amd cleanup utility to erase any traces of amd drivers when i have to uninstall them,do you think i can trust it? DDU seems to be a little flawed to me,too risky! I'm gonna try the 15.11 beta version of the AMD Catalyst driver,it's from 2014 but should work,right?

Drake_Paul

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
Would you look at that...AMD just released a brand new driver.Version 17.4.3,i'm tempted to give it a try? Maybe they heard us users and fixed those nasty issues,huh? Hope so.

Drake_Paul

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
Okay,installation done! I'm gonna run some tests to see if it doesn't have any issues.I really hope this new driver is alright.I'm tired and desperate,can't wait to solve this problem for once.

Drake_Paul

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
Hello again,Paul!

I'm very happy to say the issue has finally been fixed.Tested PC for a whole day,running modern games for hours,using other fullscreen applications,basic task,internet browsing etc...no crashes whatsoever! YAY! Thank you very much for your helpful posts.They put me in the right direction to solve the problem.I picked the one closest to the solution i got which was clean uninstall the old driver and installing the newest one from AMD.Can't thank you enough! What did you do? They were very quick in releasing a new driver,i'm very surprised and happy to see they actually hear their customers.I'm stuck with my AMD after all,doing so well now that we have no crashes.Be well,Paul!

Drake_Paul

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
Hello again,Paul!

Paul,i don't know what to do,it crashed again! It took 2 days this time,same thing: 0x000000ea.atikmdag.sys and dxgkrnl.sys.I uploaded an link with the last minidump:
https://mega.nz/#!rsk0ED5K!8zPGmuI0ToZdC5Vv6_cAcporObosEBdO3LczkWGxBZc

I thought the new driver would work but all it did was temporarily stop the issue.I'm all out of options here,i didn't want to have to get rid of my entire new PC because of shitty drivers! Contacting AMD support directly is the last thing i'll do trying to save my PC.Please help me!

Drake_Paul

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
I contacted AMD Support and made a post in their community.I'm hoping to get some help from them.Let's see if they finally release a new,stable driver to fix those pesky issues that keep their customers from enjoying their products.