[SOLVED] Windows 10 Crashes During Install

Sep 14, 2019
I have just build my first PC and it posts properly, I boot to a usb windows installer and it loads up no problem, I insert Product key and begin installing and at random times thought installing it crashes, I can't get it to install no matter what i do.

-Ryzen 5 3600
-ASRock B450M Steel legend
-Cosair vengence rgb pro 3000
-Silicon Power 1tb ssd
-MSI Gaming Z RTX 2060
-Gigabyte P650B power supply

Solution
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

IT depends what screen it crashes on, do you get to point its chosen what drive to install on? If its before then, it is likely ram, if its after it could also be the ssd. Its only after 1st restart that it runs on the ssd at all.
Sep 14, 2019
do you have latest bios on motherboard?

are problems after the 1st restart? its running off the ssd by that stage.

I can't say I have seen Silicon power before, they seem okay.
Yes I have installed the most recent bios version
The problems occur before the restart, I have used two different flash drives

Go back into BIOS setup and reset to defaults. Then confirm UEFI is enabled, Secure Boot on, SATA controller is set to AHCI, Windows Boot Manager set first to boot, save any needed changes and Exit.
Then create media on a fresh flash stick or new good quality DVD using only Media Creation Tool to assure it's integrity, boot it using only BIOS Boot Menu Key, select the UEFI version of the media only, during Custom install delete all partitions down to Unallocated Space then click Next to autoformat and begin install.

Sep 14, 2019
Go back into BIOS setup and reset to defaults. Then confirm UEFI is enabled, Secure Boot on, SATA controller is set to AHCI, Windows Boot Manager set first to boot, save any needed changes and Exit.
Then create media on a fresh flash stick or new good quality DVD using only Media Creation Tool to assure it's integrity, boot it using only BIOS Boot Menu Key, select the UEFI version of the media only, during Custom install delete all partitions down to Unallocated Space then click Next to autoformat and begin install.
I followed your advice and it is still not working, do you think this could be a problem with ram compatibility or bad ram itself?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

IT depends what screen it crashes on, do you get to point its chosen what drive to install on? If its before then, it is likely ram, if its after it could also be the ssd. Its only after 1st restart that it runs on the ssd at all.

Solution
Sep 14, 2019

I glad you mentioned SSD, I installed a Windows 10 onto a 128gb USB stick because I didn't have any extra storage devices. It booted perfectly and is running well (apart from slow read and write speeds). I guess I'll be returning this SSD to Amazon and ordering a new one, Probably will order an m.2 SSD. Have any suggestions for reliable ones?