Question WIndows 10 crashes entering sleep mode

Sep 23, 2019
This is a fresh install on a new PC build.

When I go to put the PC to sleep, it will get to the point where it would normally go to sleep, but then the screens, keyboard and mouse will shut down and become unresponsive. When this happens, the fans also increase in speed and the motherboard indicates a memory failure. There is no BSOD and I have to hold the power button to shut the PC down if I want to get it started up again. Seems this is not a common issue, as I can't find much online and from what I have found, it has not helped me out at all. There is nothing in the minidump folder.

I have similar issues with sleep mode, but there is nothing wrong with my computer. I had no problems with my last build in Win7 and sleep mode but after I upgraded to Win10 I could not go into sleep mode without crashing and BSOD issues. This completely new build I am on now also has this same issue with a clean install of Win10 and no other hardware issues. I came to the conclusion that Win10 cannot do sleep mode without issues. I no longer use sleep mode, I just shut down my computer.

Sep 23, 2019
Shutting my PC down every time is too annoying. First time I've ever had an issue with sleep mode and I'd really like to get it working. I'm guessing it has something to do with windows being integrated with the UEFI.

Reactions: helper800
Sep 23, 2019
Replaced the power supply and now it sleeps as it should. I also made sure the ram was fully seated, which it appeared to be, so I don't think that was it.

TRENDING THREADS