Windows 10 Crashes Multiple Times a Day

romilhype

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016
Sorry this might be in the wrong category, but, I recently built a new system about a month ago. Over the past 2-3 weeks, what has started to happen is around 2-3 times a day, my PC will randomly crash and will give me screen that says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart", then after maybe 1 second of it being on that screen, it goes to a screen that says "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device". After that I insert my USB that has Windows installed on it and run through it and follow what it says to get use my computer again.
When I finish all of that, my computer starts running fine until it crashes again later in the day and I'm forced to repeat this process again. It's really just been really annoying and I would like to get rid of this because it would really suck if this were to happen while I'm doing something really important on my PC. Does anybody know a solution to this problem?
P.S. My Mobo, CPU, GPU, RAM, and fan were all recycled from my last build which worked completely fine with no problems.

Build:
Case: Zalman Z1 Neo
CPU: AMD A10 6800k
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB RAM
Motherboard: Gigabyte F2A88X-D3H
GPU: MSI GeForce GT 640
HDD: Western Digitical WD10EZEX 1TB
ODD: LG GH24NSC0
PSU: EVGA 500W

romilhype

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016
Sorry that I voted your answer -1, I didn't know what that button did lol.
Sorry I'm responding so late, I just got the problem again for the 1st time in the past week.
When I do put in the stuff in the command prompt, it will let me do the /RebuildBcd but when I do the /fixMbr and /fixBoot I get a message saying "the system cannot find the path specified".

Colif

Win 11 Master
I guess you could upvote this post to equal it out :)

did you run chkdsk? does Windows still work after you did those commands?

One suggestion I found to fix this is run system restore back to a time before problem started.

boot from Win 10 installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose system restore
choose a date prior to problem starting
PC will roll back to that time - see if this fixes it.

Problem I find with system restore is it can cause problems for other programs, but its saved me a few times this year.

If that doesn't work, you might need to think about a fresh install as those 2 commands should have found something, I don't think the problem is hardware based though you could test HDD using Data LIfe Guard which is made by WD who make your hdd. I don't know why its doing this, I can't find an answer, just lots of people with similar questions

Colif

Win 11 Master
Check on Windows update, do you have version 1607?
right click start - if you can
choose run...
type winver
Are you on 1607? Run windows update if you are an an update released a few days ago may fix this

It seems an update a few weeks ago has negatively effected WD drives

check you have latest motherboard drivers as well.

romilhype

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016
I tried everything that you suggested and nothing worked. After I did a clean windows install, I still got the problem until I got a Windows update which I believe has fixed because of no problems since then, which has been about over 2 weeks.