[SOLVED] Windows 10 crashing after parts upgrade...

TimH77

Reputable
Jul 21, 2017
I'm getting ready to install new parts- mobo, processor, RAM, SSD, but since my last parts upgrade my PC has crashed probably 20 times.

I'd like to figure out why it's crashing so after the new parts build I can put my old system together without the BSoD.

I'm not sure if it's the same every time but I took two pictures of the BSoD-

Pic 1
Pic 2

What is the best/easiest way to figure out the issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
I read it wrong.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

driver irq almost yells at you its a driver but it can be caused by ram as well.
System service exception can be drivers as well.
Most bsod can be drivers, its why I start there.

upgrades
check ram with - Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is...

Colif

Win 11 Master
I'm getting ready to install new parts- mobo, processor, RAM, SSD, but since my last parts upgrade my PC has crashed probably 20 times.

I'd like to figure out why it's crashing so after the new parts build I can put my old system together without the BSoD.

I'm not sure if it's the same every time but I took two pictures of the BSoD-

Pic 1
Pic 2

What is the best/easiest way to figure out the issue?
have you clean installed windows 10 on this new PC? New CPU + motherboard = a new PC.

if you have and 2nd picture is saying netio.sys then the likely cause of problem is either your lan drivers or could be Anti virus program.

TimH77

Reputable
Jul 21, 2017
have you clean installed windows 10 on this new PC? New CPU + motherboard = a new PC.

if you have and 2nd picture is saying netio.sys then the likely cause of problem is either your lan drivers or could be Anti virus program.

I do have a new install for the new mobo, etc...a Windows 10 Pro USB.

I haven't installed the new parts or Windows yet. I just received the new processor yesterday and I'm trying to decide either to stick with the 2x16GB RAM I have here or swap it out for 4x8GB. In the meantime I wanted to figure out why my current/old system has been crashing so after I do upgrade to the new parts I can put my old parts back together in the original case and not have the BSoD issue.

That's weird if it's LAN drivers or Antivirus because neither of those changed from before upgrading to after. But maybe it's a coincidence that it started crashing just after I upgraded a few things (RAM, GPU, PSU, SSD as boot drive).

Colif

Win 11 Master
I read it wrong.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

driver irq almost yells at you its a driver but it can be caused by ram as well.
System service exception can be drivers as well.
Most bsod can be drivers, its why I start there.

upgrades
check ram with - Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
ssd - is it boot drive? if so, then how can all the drivers/AV have not changed?
PSU can cause bsod but they low down on list of causes and there aren't any I can specifically say this BSOD caused by a PSU.

is the 4 x 8gb all one set?
Its easier to get 2 sticks to work together than 4, I don't have any evidence but it would seem to me to better to use 2 sticks as less chance they fail compared to 4. Less points of potential failure

Solution