[SOLVED] Windows 10 crashing and not booting

Oct 2, 2019
View: https://youtu.be/uVoT7iFRlhk

[edit: Problem description is down there]

In this video I explained everything to understand my problem.
At I guess 12 min you can skip to 19 min cuz I talked about my planned setup and since this is not related to the problem you can skip. But read the description please.
I hope you can help me

The problem is I have a black screen after bios (which shows weird artifacts but then normally loads and the artifacts disappear) this black screen is like 2 minutes then the windows logo appears and then after 30 seconds the spinning dots come in. Then after 2 minutes the logo and dots disappear and then just a black screen. Normally then the HDD Indicator ist fully lit but rn its off weirdly.
I had bluescreens with IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL or something and KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED and MEMORY MANAGEMENT and ACPI BIOS ERROR or something like that...
I got used to learn that my system bluescreens all the time... But just a blackscreen is crap. I tried my USB stick with Windows 10 I think 1803 but there's almost same but the blackscreen at the beginning is shorter but then it's just black with mouse visible. Same with automatic repair. Yesterday it appeared the first time. I already resettled CMOS and tried different RAM and on the internet it said it could be through ram being loose but I put force to them and made sure they were tight. And that is the point of view at the moment. I hope you can help me.
(I'm sorry for the bad grammar but typing long texts on phone is pure <Mod Edit>

SETUP (My main pc is broken this is temporary replacement): phenom II
WD Caviar WD5000AADS
Rx 580 MSI Armor OC edition
G-Skill F3 10600CL 9D 4GBNT(1x atm)
Corsair xms 3( 3x)
Gigabyte GA 890gpa UD3H

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Reinstall windows with single drive connected.
It looks like you used hdd with windows installed on it from a different pc. Transplanting OS drive between different pc-s doesn't always work very well.

BTW - screen with mouse cursor on black background can mean, you have multiple monitors connected and main windows screen is on the other monitor.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running this on hdd - WD - https://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?p=3&lang=en

I started to use the minidumps too mine is crashing all the time. The stopcode is like windows just pressing one of 100 buttons and every button is another stopcode so it's random...
But I hate it and my newest problem (which is on this forum btw) that I just have a black screen.
from your other comment in another thread.

WIndows has 270 BSOD codes to choose from
Can you go to C:/windows/minidumps
copy the files from here to another folder
upload the copies to a file sharing website and show a link here.

the blank screen could be related to BSOD as It could be just an old driver. Or it could be the hdd, hence reason I gave you the WD link.

you could Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Reactions: Feba
Oct 2, 2019
I'll test the WD tool, I have a backup of another installation (I do a clean install on new hdds sometimes) which used the same HDD model. I hope I can get it to run. How to use this memtest x86 tool? Is it a standalone bios or how. I found out that the 4th xms3 is broken and replaced it already but the issue is still there.

Oct 2, 2019
So I managed to run the backup of the old computer now but I have the "normal" installation and the backup. The normal is the one that's not working. I have a hdd called windowsE where all my stuff goes but if this hdd is unplugged the normal installation won't boot because a necessary device is missing and I have to repair it with the USB boot medium. But the boot medium doesn't work either. I get a purple screen with cursor but nothing else.

Gesendet von meinem POT-LX1 mit Tapatalk

Reinstall windows with single drive connected.
It looks like you used hdd with windows installed on it from a different pc. Transplanting OS drive between different pc-s doesn't always work very well.

BTW - screen with mouse cursor on black background can mean, you have multiple monitors connected and main windows screen is on the other monitor.

Solution
Oct 2, 2019
Ok now the Standard-HDD which i connected to that backup to at least load it is now responding with I/O Error. Im trying the HDD WD tool and look what windows partition manager says. But the problem is its normally stuck at the spinning dots. The automatic repair is just as i said the black screen with cursor and the installer is the same just with a purple creen. Ill try to run it with just one moitor

Thing is there is so much important data i cant loose to reinstall windows. But ill try your ideas.

Oct 2, 2019
The WD tool says that drive failed on S.M.A.R.T. Status. I double clicked and there were only 133 reallocated sectors. All the other WD HDDs (which are the same model) have 200 Reallocated Sectors. Idk what to do

Update: googleing that reallocated sectors thingy meant that its a sign of a dying HDD. Is there a way to copy ALL DATA from that HDD to a working without losing anything?

Oct 2, 2019
is there a way to copy all data from that drive to the new one? I know that i need to have low speed and copy everything one by one, not folder by folder so the hdd doesnt need to seek all data all over the place and just set the files to the new one as it gets it.