Windows 10 Crashing games

Werzal13252

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015
So i have a gaming PC and have windows 10 (downloaded straight from Microsoft) with no CD key (and somehow says activated) i logged into my windows account that has been on a cracked windows 8 and upgraded to 10 if that matters.

Windows 10 is a fresh install,

anyway

My pc specs are
intel core i7 4790k
Kingston KyperX Furry 16Gbs ram 1600Mhz
Asrock Fatal1ty z97 Killer
EVGA GTX 970 FTW+
Kingston 120GB SSD (windows installed)

So basically i am having problems with a game called Garrysmod
I'm playing and it will randomly crash and the applications visible on my second monitor and "underneath" garrysmod will have some sort of black overlay that only goes away if I hover my mouse over the window, or if i resize the window.

I have no idea why this is happening.

Can somebody please tell me why this is happening.

(I have the latest Graphics card drivers. reinstalled yesterday)

(Reinstalled Garrysmod twice now)

Windows was reinstalled just before christmas

Solution
Is your BIOS up to date? Have you installed all the necessary device drivers for your system starting from the chipset to the GPU? Since you're in possession of two components in your system that are prone to throw Windows 10 into a spiral, have you tried reinstalling your GPU drivers following this guide with a previous version(to rule out that the drivers aren't the cause) as well as installing the latest Killer drivers off of their site?

Have you also tried running the game in compatibility mode:
Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility Tab>Windows 7/8(or any OS that Garrysmod ran well on prior) [from the drop down menu]

By re-installation, was the initial...

Lutfij

Titan
Is your BIOS up to date? Have you installed all the necessary device drivers for your system starting from the chipset to the GPU? Since you're in possession of two components in your system that are prone to throw Windows 10 into a spiral, have you tried reinstalling your GPU drivers following this guide with a previous version(to rule out that the drivers aren't the cause) as well as installing the latest Killer drivers off of their site?

Have you also tried running the game in compatibility mode:
Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility Tab>Windows 7/8(or any OS that Garrysmod ran well on prior) [from the drop down menu]

By re-installation, was the initial installation of Windows 10 performed anew or availed through the free upgrade path?

Solution