Windows 10 crashing on startup while Radeon 7970 is in

Apr 2, 2018
Woke up this morning and my computer is just freezing on the windows logo screen. I tried getting into safe mode from the automatic repair but that screen freezes too.
I removed my Radeon 7970 and was able to boot up on integrated graphics, Windows started very slowly though considering it's booting off an SSD.
I got into safe mode on the integrated graphics and ran display driver uninstaller but that didn't seem to work at all.
Really have no clue what to try next.

Gigabyte-FA-Z97X-SLI
ASUS Radeon 7970
8gb 1333mhz
1 TB SSD
600w EVGA psu

Edit: I tried borrowing a GTX 570 and am still having the exact same problem. Also tried a system restore but nothing changed.

Solution
Locking up in Safe Mode is not good, you tried another video card so next step would be to either try other hardware swaps, maybe RAM, try a spare hard drive with a clean Windows setup, maybe another power supply. If anything is overclocked set the BIOS to defaults.
Locking up in Safe Mode is not good, you tried another video card so next step would be to either try other hardware swaps, maybe RAM, try a spare hard drive with a clean Windows setup, maybe another power supply. If anything is overclocked set the BIOS to defaults.

Solution

Latest posts