Windows 10 Crashing on Startup

TheCutting

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015
Hey guys
A bit of a weird problem, I recently built this pc and have windows 10 64 bit currently running on it.
Every time a start it up i usually get a crash or 2 with the blue screen of death. Usually it says MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
but it sometimes says something else like SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, im planning on buying new RAM as the one I am using is pretty old, would that help at all? The PC works perfectly fine and doesnt crash after that, only when i boot it up the day later.
I have tried SFC/SCANNOW but it didn't seem to work
any help would be appreciated
thank you,

Solution
Memory Management is the primary issue here, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION is more of a repercussion.

Try unplugging your sticks of RAM one at at time to see if that helps. Unplug a stick and then try restarting. If you're not comfortable with this I wouldn't attempt it or have someone else do it (i.e. friend or family)

Another thing is that if your RAM is old that could be it. If the stick removal doesn't work you can always try replacing the hardware. As it's RAM it's relatively inexpensive (at least compared to having replace graphics card) so it might be easier to simply swap it out.

DanDOGGO

Commendable
May 3, 2016
My suggestion would be to check your boot order in the BIOS and make sure booting off what ever drive Windows is installed on first and are not trying to boot off and external drive such as and USB or something. Might not be of help but it's merely a suggestion and something worth trying.

TheCutting

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015

I will try that when i boot it up tomorrow,
Thank You

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Memory Management is the primary issue here, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION is more of a repercussion.

Try unplugging your sticks of RAM one at at time to see if that helps. Unplug a stick and then try restarting. If you're not comfortable with this I wouldn't attempt it or have someone else do it (i.e. friend or family)

Another thing is that if your RAM is old that could be it. If the stick removal doesn't work you can always try replacing the hardware. As it's RAM it's relatively inexpensive (at least compared to having replace graphics card) so it might be easier to simply swap it out.

Solution

TheCutting

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015

That's what I am going to do soon

TRENDING THREADS