Windows 10 Cumulative update KB316908 for version 1511 December 2nd 2015

Kinnyr900

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
Hi

I was wondering if you could help me find this update as a stand alone version. I never got it and when I hit the update button in the updates and security it shows no updates listed. I have a desktop and windows 10 home and I have the 1511 version of windows 10 and the revision number is. 10586.63

Solution

The link tells you where to look ... OS version immaterial

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-manage-installed-or-hidden-windows-updates

About 1/3 down the page link

manage_updates6.png

In Windows 7
"Programs -> Program and Features" and finally, press "View installed updates".

In Windows 8

Same thing in 10

Can also do ...
Settings App>Update and Security>Windows updates>Advanced options>View your...

Kinnyr900

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015

That Link is for windows 7 and 8.1 So I'm not sure it does me any good, and, yes, I went into the programs and features and I clicked on the view installed updates and it's not there. kb3124263 security update,.kb 3133431 windows Update, and also kb 3124200 windows update and that's it for windows updates. Is there a stand alone version I could download?

The link tells you where to look ... OS version immaterial

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-manage-installed-or-hidden-windows-updates

About 1/3 down the page link

manage_updates6.png

In Windows 7

In Windows 8

Same thing in 10

Can also do ...
Settings App>Update and Security>Windows updates>Advanced options>View your update history>View Installed updates.

, and, yes, I went into the programs and features and I clicked on the view installed updates and it's not there. kb3124263 security update,.kb 3133431 windows Update, and also kb 3124200 windows update and that's it for windows updates. Is there a stand alone version I could download?

Don't know what to tell you, we have advised all our users and clients not to install Windows 10, at least at this time so I don't have access to any Win10 boxes.

Given the fact that Win 10 Home users can not avoid having updates installed, I would be surprised if you didn't have something. Due to the fact that the OS is free for the sole reason that they can sell tracking information, I can not see them allowing any stand-alone downloads. If they did, then anyone with 1 legit WU updated box could simply download them and install them on other machines.

I would presume that this would not allow them to detect "non-genuine" boxes and also allow machines to function w/o WU. Buta again, I can only guess at their policies / motives are in this regard. best place to ask this may be over on tenforums.com

Solution

Kinnyr900

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015

I did all of this though the update is not in there and does not tell me if it has been replaced. I'm just wondering if there is a stand alone version that i could direct download to my computer instead. I had windows firewall turned off and disabled in the services cause I use comodo a third party firewall. I find it works better. Maybe I should leave that on for a few days and see what happens maybe the update will be there.

TRENDING THREADS