[SOLVED] Windows 10 Custom gaming pc problems

_SpyFish_

Prominent
Feb 17, 2019
Hi, I am currently experiencing issues and I would hope to find out what is causing these problems; the problems include:
  • Windows sometimes taking forever to do simple tasks like opening opening 'File Explorer' and opening the Windows start menu
  • 'Blue Screen of Death' (Around 5 times or so)
  • Games freezing(dropping to 1-5 frames every few seconds)
  • Applications not responding.
Side-Notes:
  • I uninstalled the KB4512578 Windows update(Believing it would solve my problems)
  • I tried to reset my PC, but it said it ran into problems and couldn't do it.
  • I created this PC on February 12 this year (Exactly 8 months ago)
  • Current windows update KB4511553
  • This started happening 3-4 days ago
Specs:
PSU: Thermaltake - Smart 500 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply
CPU: Intel G4560 (3.50ghz)
GPU: RX 470 4gb
Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4 3000
Motherboard: MSI - B250M PRO-VDH micro atx lga1151
HDD: Seagate 1TB BarraCuda SATA
Monitor: Acer SB220Q bi 21.5" (1920x1080)

Last edited:
Solution
D
If a reset didn’t work then you probably need to do a clean format an clean install. I would back up all my data and reinstall windows. Use the media creation tool to get the latest copy of windows onto a USB drive that you will install windows from

_SpyFish_

Prominent
Feb 17, 2019
What happened 3 - 4 days ago? Did you change something in your system? Installed/updated any software? Updated/changed any component?
Nothing was changed, I just booted up my PC like normal, but this time it took 5+ minutes to get out of the MSI loading screen (I couldn’t open up the bios settings or anything), and when it loaded, I went to play games and they started to freeze every few seconds.

D

Deleted member 14196

If a reset didn’t work then you probably need to do a clean format an clean install. I would back up all my data and reinstall windows. Use the media creation tool to get the latest copy of windows onto a USB drive that you will install windows from

Reactions: _SpyFish_
Solution

_SpyFish_

Prominent
Feb 17, 2019
I’ll try that; also, I don’t know if this helps, but at times my disk usage goes to 100% or around that and I think its when my computer slows down. Could it be that my HDD is failing?

Nero1024

Reputable
Apr 28, 2018
I’ll try that; also, I don’t know if this helps, but at times my disk usage goes to 100% or around that and I think its when my computer slows down. Could it be that my HDD is failing?

It could be. It could also be a virus. You can try checking S.M.A.R.T. status of your HDD. CrystalDiskInfo will help you with that. Also, try "wmic diskdrive get status" in command prompt, without quotes. Also, try My Computer -> Local Disk C -> Right Klick -> Properties -> Tools -> Check

Last edited:

_SpyFish_

Prominent
Feb 17, 2019
Everything is fine after I reinstalled windows, thank you!