Question Windows 10 Desktop freezes while playing with emulators

gamerfan01

Reputable
Apr 29, 2018
Hey all, been experiencing freezes whenever I play with emulators (got freezes with my NES, SNES, and Gameboy Advance emulators). I rarely get freezes when playing steam games like Fallout 4, Skyrim SE, and Mortal Kombat 11 to name a few.

I had thought it was due to overheating but it seems to be specific when using emulators. any assistance is welcome.

shadi shtaklef

Reputable
BANNED
Jul 26, 2015
are u sure that your laptop is not overheating when u are playing games? install msi afterburner and configure it to show cpu temp and gpu temp when u are playing games. follow
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUBE5EYHbLE
to configure msi afterburner

if the temp is low and its below 90 degrees celcius then the problem for the freezing could be the graphics drivers. update your graphics drivers

also if you have an intel graphics card and a dedicated graphics card then you have to force the game to use the dedicated graphics card. there are tutorials that tell you how to do that

gamerfan01

Reputable
Apr 29, 2018
okay, first my pc is a desktop, and second msi afterburner is giving off a tempature of 114 degrees Fahrenheit and I'm not even running anything at the moment.

my graphics card happens to be a Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB.

Last edited: