Windows 10 disk space/storage pool error even though enough free space available on multiple disks

Nov 15, 2018
HI All!

I have a recent problem with my windows 10 regarding disk space and windows thinking having not enough space on any of the drives. I have installed one 250 gb ssd, one 120 gb m2 and 2 x 1 tb hard drives with at least 30-40 % free space on them. It started with a download of a large torrent file (mods for arma 3) where the download stopped at 60 % with a not enough free disk space (disk write error) message, whereas I had 780 gb of free space on that disk. It continued with not being able to create a zip file on the same disk and getting errors over and over again. I could install any new game on the same drive after it. I freed up some space on the disk where windows is sitting. It didnt help.

In the settings the disk pool shows low free space and combines my to hard drives to 1,93 tb showing 1,87 tb pool capacity in use. The other two ssd´s shwowing the same, no pool capacity error.

Did I do something wrong when adding the drives to the system. I had to do a full wipe because windows didnt recognize my drives after adding an M2 to the system.

Do I have to full wipe my disks again, and change something with the storage pool?

Thx

Nov 15, 2018

Thx for the answer. The problem is, that this step will delete all my files on the disks, however at this point I am missing a third disk to hold my files in case of a full wipe. Is there any option to change the storage pool ratio so that it doesnt affect the system. I mean change/adjust it in a way that it shows the correct free space?

If I am correct, this whole situation meanst, that both of my disks are full of backup data in case one crashes, but my system doesnt show that data as allocated place?

Thx

Nov 15, 2018

Hello,

I did another thing, bought a 2 Tb drive and copied all my files to it, deleted every disk from the pool, added them as new disk and formatted them and didnt create another new pool. I know it may be stupid if some of it fails, but at least I dont get the "disk full" message.

Thx for your help