Windows 10 Display issues - blank screen with no mouse after boot. No windows logo during boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathullan1905

Reputable
Apr 21, 2014
Hi,

I had updated to windows 10 couple of days ago. Windows 10 usually does all the updates on its own, and I think that's where one of the problem is. Turned the system off last night, today I turn it on but all I get is the boot screen showing for 30 seconds, and then a blank screen follows. The sound still works, indicating the system started up. My PC runs windows 10 pro, but it has a built in CPU and an add on graphics card (the big one) - Nvidia Geforce GTX 660. Also, most people have reported that the cursor is present on thr blank screen. It isn't in my issue. Its just boot screen for 30+ seconds and then blank screen.

windows 10 has a driver issue that they have not worked out. it been over writing good drivers and hosing systems. plug your monitor into onboard video port see if there video there. if it is remove the old gpu drivers and make sure you have the newest windows 10 drivers from nvidia. if there no onboard video then try forcing windows 10 into safe mode to remove the old gpu drivers.

mathullan1905

Reputable
Apr 21, 2014

Hi

I tried plugging it into the onboard video port but no signal was sent through to it. I forcefully shut down the system several times and then plugged it back to the main graphics card, and all of a sudden, it works. I'm afraid the same problem may occur again.

Henk__

Reputable
Sep 29, 2015
I have exactly the same problem, with no external graphics card on a fresh install. Basically everything works until the login screen, then there is nothing. No mouse, nada. But safe mode works.

vanniko63

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
i am having same issue . black screen no cursor, get logo but no chance to login. i am not using my gpu,s . i want to resove issues before installing since i have water cooling ,in sli. i do get windows in safe mode , is there a solution
thanks

Aug 29, 2018
I am experiencing this problem now, all of a sudden. I have an RTX 2080 Ti card (latest 416.34 drivers) and windows build 1803. My Asus ROG Rampage mobo does not have integrated graphics (so no HDMI port on the mobo). When I start up the PC, I get the POST screen and the windows logo for a few seconds and then NO DISPLAY (black screen). (Safe mode, without nvidia drivers loaded, works for me too). And then on some day, I get past the login screen and windows shows up normally but when I am playing a game, just 5 minutes into the game and then again, NO DISPLAY. My GPU continues to work (it's fans are running at high speed) and everything looks / behaves normally BUT THERE IS NO DISPLAY.

What I am supposed to do? I don't think this is a hardware problem in my GPU. It's either a win10 issue or a combination of nvidia driver and win10 issue. My new system is unusable (if I can't use my new RTX 2080 Ti, it's as good as unusable)

Wolfshadw

Titan
Ie7ywJG.jpg

This thread is over 2 years old.

Closing.
Wolfshadw

Status
Not open for further replies.