Windows 10 does not connect to the internet after hibernating

MadDemon64

Reputable
Nov 13, 2015
I have been having a problem with my computer that started no less than a month ago. When I put my computer to sleep it hibernates if I leave it sleeping for long enough. Lately if I let my computer hibernate it occasionally does not connect to the internet after I wake it up. If it just goes to sleep and does not hibernate it connects just fine. Sometimes it will connect to the internet after it wakes up from hibernating and other times it gives me a "not connected, no connections available" message, and if I click on the wi-fi icon it automatically fixes this.

Does anybody know what is going on with my computer? It was not like this before it updated to Windows 10. It didn't even do this until the most recent Windows 10 update.

Filipe Baltazar

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
Check if the drivers are updated to work in Windows 10.
If you recently updated it from Windows 8/8.1 and there is no optimized driver for W10 you could wait or go on settings and select to go back to W8/8.1.
If the above don't work I suggest contacting the Manufacturer and get them to fix it(could be defective hardware).

MadDemon64

Reputable
Nov 13, 2015

Under my network adapters in the device manager, I have a Killer e2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller and a Killer Wireless-n/a/ac 1525 Wireless Network Adapter. Checked each and they have the latest versions. I am not sure if Windows 10 compatibility is the issue here since this problem didn't happen immediately after Windows 10 and only started happening several weeks ago.

MadDemon64

Reputable
Nov 13, 2015
Ok, so just an update: I got some advice from my MSI and they suggested installing a new Killer Network Driver and it disconnects less but now I get some ".net framework unhandled exception" errors, so I don't know whether I have improved my situation or made it worse.

Filipe Baltazar

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015

Have you checked if all .net programs were updated to Windows 10?
It could be an old .net interfering with a newer .net thats making all those errors. You could have some programs that were corrupted messing with the internet status.
Have you tried creating another account and seeing if the same happens with it? My brothers laptop had a few problems that didn't happen when he used a freshly made account.

MadDemon64

Reputable
Nov 13, 2015

I recently downloaded the NetFXRepairTool from microsoft and it found nothing. Or do I check .net a different way?

I am trying something else by disabling my Killer Network Manager and seeing if that changes anything since when the .net framework unhandled error message popped up the Killer Network's icon is the one that is showing.

TRENDING THREADS