windows 10 does not recongize my mouse and keyboard when installing fresh.

Daniel_238

Commendable
May 29, 2016
i just built my first pc, and am having problems installing Windows 10. when i get to the language screen in windows, all my peripherals turn off(Keyboard and Mouse) i have tried disconnecting and connecting them and tried different ports. none of these methods work. does anyone know how to fix this.(it works fine in Bios)
Specs:
MSI z97 Gaming 5
Intel core i5 4690k
16g of kingston Hyper X
1 TB
integrated graphics

i have tried with legacy enabled/dissabled and auto, none of these methods work+ motherboard has latest update

Solution
i would try first a hard boot. unplug your desktop from the power supply. Then shut it down. Wait about a minute ,then replug the power cord to the pc. then boot it. let me know what happens.

Colif

Win 11 Master
in bios, settings/advanced/USB configuration
Legacy support - what is selected? it should be auto

Disabled should work also

see manual at 3-11

try updating the bios:https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z97-GAMING-5.html#down-bios

Daniel_238

Commendable
May 29, 2016

Thank you for your response, but I've already tried this. my windows version is usb, is that part of the problem?

simonchipmunk

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014
i would try first a hard boot. unplug your desktop from the power supply. Then shut it down. Wait about a minute ,then replug the power cord to the pc. then boot it. let me know what happens.

Solution