[SOLVED] Windows 10 doesn't detect Bluetooth keyboards

alipmcg

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2014
Hello, I have an Asus UX303LA laptop running Windows 10 and I want to connect a Bluetooth keyboard to it. I can connect other BT devices to the laptop just fine, but I can't get it to detect BT keyboards.

I have a Bluetooth keyboard (also made by Asus) which I tried to connect to this laptop, but it can't see it. This keyboard connects fine to other devices (i.e. other PCs running Win10, my phone), and even connects to my Asus laptop when I boot into Linux. I tried connecting another BT keyboard to the laptop in Win10 and had the exact same experience.

The only minor success I had was when I reinstalled the Bluetooth radio device via Device Manager. After doing this, the laptop detected the keyboard for a few seconds, but then it disappeared from the list of available devices.

Asus don't provide a Bluetooth driver for this laptop for Win10 on their website. Does anyone know of any reason why this is happening, or what I can do about it? Thanks in advance!

Solution
Asus don't support hardware forever, you lucky it has any drivers for win 10. It does for previous versions of windows though those drivers won't work with win 10. it at least shows me what you have

so it uses Intel BT but figuring out what chip it uses to track down drivers will be fun
can you look in Device manager now and tell me what version driver you are using?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Asus don't support hardware forever, you lucky it has any drivers for win 10. It does for previous versions of windows though those drivers won't work with win 10. it at least shows me what you have

so it uses Intel BT but figuring out what chip it uses to track down drivers will be fun
can you look in Device manager now and tell me what version driver you are using?

Last edited:
Solution